Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think you’re taking it too literally.

And trying to make a non-thing into a thing.

P365XL with every grip and slide variant, then.
    Or a P365 SAS with every grip and slide variant, then.
    Or maybe a P365 Macro and every grip and slide variant, then.

See how stupid it is for me to say it? Because if I had only one pistol, I wouldn’t stop with just the FCU.

I WOULD DO THE FCU PLUS ALL SUPPORTING HARDWARE OPTIONS AVAILABLE.

I’m also assuming bullets are available too even though not specified.

No dumbass would think I’d stop with just the FCU just like nobody would assume having a gun would mean stopping before buying bullets… even though not explicitly stated, it’s implied.

Attachment 112488

I’ve got a bunch and have mixed and matched so much that I don’t know which FCU originally came in what chassis anymore.

And it doesn’t matter. So I just think of them as P365 FCUs IN A CHASSIS.
    I'm not trying to make it a thing but it just comes across as a non-answer to me but whatever, I'm not trying to argue. I'm more interested in hearing which of those configurations you would pick if limited to one-build on that FCU that would be used for everything you outlined using a pistol for.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    I'm not trying to make it a thing but it just comes across as a non-answer to me but whatever, I'm not trying to argue. I'm more interested in hearing which of those configurations you would pick if limited to one-build on that FCU that would be used for everything you outlined using a pistol for.
    See that’s a different question than what was asked.

I can answer your question, but that’s way more restrictive than the original question.

Because by the narrow definition you wouldn’t say okay to G19x with a G32 and G23 slide option, right?

If you’re looking for one configuration handgun that was not changeable in any parts.

CZ75B in 9mm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Glock 19 has so many things going for it, something else has to shoot significantly better than the Glock for me to forsake all the benefits of the Glock ecosystem. In terms of just the shooting characteristics, the Gen 5 19 is as or more accurate than the VP9, throws the brass out further, is easier to reload, and is more size efficient. In times past, the HK was more accurate and reliable, but Glock upped their game with the Gen 5 changes.
    What's your favorite carry trigger/connector these days in a gen 5 G19? I'm up to three of them now with stock dots, and feeling the urge to tinker..

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    See that’s a different question than what was asked.

I can answer your question, but that’s way more restrictive than the original question.

Because by the narrow definition you wouldn’t say okay to G19x with a G32 and G23 slide option, right?

If you’re looking for one configuration handgun that was not changeable in any parts.

CZ75B in 9mm for me.
    I consider one configuration of that FCU to constitute 'one handgun' as the OP stated. We don't have to limit the discussion to the ATF definition of a pistol and it's much more relevant to other users non-CONUS if it's simply meaning a 'whole pistol'. I wouldn't consider that G19X which is disassembled and reassembled as .40/.357 slide to be a single handgun, by doing so you are essentially rebuilding it into something else entirely with reinstalling different components. It would be three separate pistols which happen to share common parts (frame/lower parts) regardless of the fact that the ATF would only label the serialized lower to be the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    While I don't yet participate in Cowboy Action Shooting, my work allows me to watch those guys perform frequently as well as converse with them. Many of them run well over 10k rounds a year through their SA revolvers. Seeing how quickly and accurately they shoot, I think it makes a lot of sense for them to be carrying/using their SA revolver over a modern pistol. In fact I'd take one of them having my back using their Cowboy Action Shooting SA over most people with a modern semi auto. What they're able to do with those SA six shooters is downright awe-inspiring.
    What little Ive tried it, I shoot mine (Ruger Vaquero 45) better than I do a 1911 on steel plates, and about equal to a Smith 19 with 38 spl loads.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    While I don't yet participate in Cowboy Action Shooting, my work allows me to watch those guys perform frequently as well as converse with them. Many of them run well over 10k rounds a year through their SA revolvers. Seeing how quickly and accurately they shoot, I think it makes a lot of sense for them to be carrying/using their SA revolver over a modern pistol. In fact I'd take one of them having my back using their Cowboy Action Shooting SA over most people with a modern semi auto. What they're able to do with those SA six shooters is downright awe-inspiring.
    What little Ive tried it, I shoot mine (Ruger Vaquero 45) better than I do a 1911 on steel plates, and about equal to a Smith 19 with 38 spl loads, and had way more fun doing it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    As much as I love my M&P340 with the green Crimson Trace lasergrips - you DID say one. For ME, that would be my H&K VP9SK, with the 13 round magazine, factory night sights and large grip inserts - my EDC for the past several years.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    I consider one configuration of that FCU to constitute 'one handgun' as the OP stated. We don't have to limit the discussion to the ATF definition of a pistol and it's much more relevant to other users non-CONUS if it's simply meaning a 'whole pistol'. I wouldn't consider that G19X which is disassembled and reassembled as .40/.357 slide to be a single handgun, by doing so you are essentially rebuilding it into something else entirely with reinstalling different components. It would be three separate pistols which happen to share common parts (frame/lower parts) regardless of the fact that the ATF would only label the serialized lower to be the pistol.
    I think you’re an outlier on this one.

Glock allows 357 Sig barrel swap in to their 40SW guns.

It’s not seen as a totally different gun any more than shooting training ammo versus +P duty ammo constitutes a new gun.

I do a lot of mixing and matching. Threaded barrels. Compenators. Suppressors. Different springs to mate with the different components.

They’re not different guns, lol.

Take the example of long guns.

I have MCXs with 300 BO and 556 uppers. Swapping uppers is a different gun? What about an 11.5” with suppressor versus a 16” barrel. Are they different guns?

What if I just change a compensator to a flash hider.

I don’t agree with your definition of a gun.

I've got the last pistol I hope to buy: Ruger Mark IV converted to a Black Mamba by Volquartsen. 1 1/2 pound trigger, All VQ internals and their front and rear sight, C-More railway red dot sight and VQ Bolt with Stoner CNC grips.

I am the guy who SBR’d some Glocks when the free tax stamps were available.

Because one gun.

Name:  IMG_2903.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5374.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  18.6 KB

User Tag List