Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

As of this moment, it's my Langdon-ized Beretta PX4 Storm full size 9mm.

Some flavor of .38 Special snub nosed revolver in a lighter weight (AL or TI) frame. Could be LCR, J-Frame, Colt, Kimber - doesn't matter. Just has to be a light weight snub, ideally with a replaceable or replaced front sight.

It'll be fed a relatively unending supply of 148-grain wadcutters at around 700fps in urban and suburban locales - and hardcast 158 SWCs in rural locales.

Hk P2000 v2. Reliable, easy to carry with a flat base plate, accurate, and isn't only a shooter but has a trigger system optimized for everyday gun handling.

Well to have "only one handgun for the rest of my life" sounds like bureaucratic bullcrap from sleepy Joe. But if so, I'd keep my little Sig P365 and an old rusty Roy Rogers lunchbox full of parts to makeup anything I want, "Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land and God bless the U.S.A."
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 Gen 5 SRO with BUIS

A touch large for EDC but doable. With two extra mags, ok for everyday TEOTWAWKI. With a mag of Buffalo Bore hard cast dinosaur killers, OK for the woods.

If two guns allowed - a pocket J

If three guns - a 22 LR of some sort.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    Hello Everyone! I don't know if this topic has ever been started on this forum, I apologize if it has, but probably most of us like to read and participate in such discussions. The question is: if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose? Personally, I would probably choose the G17, although I hesitate between it and one of the CZ-75 models precisely because of the steel/metal frame, which may still be better in the long run and when the gun may serve as an heirloom. Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 92, P226, or USP. What would you choose?
    I have moments where I really just want to dump everything and keep a bare minimum of firearms and have contemplated this question more than a few times over the years. I have also wanted to pose this question to the forum with the caveat of 'you can only post/chose ONE', which, as you can see, many replies include more than one.

So, to best answer your question in the spirit I think you are asking, I would chose a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS at this particular moment.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    In order:

1. HK p30 v3.

2. Glock 19

3. Beretta 92

A Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 for me as well. I add Ameriglo Trooper orange night sights and a LTT grip anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Glock 19, Gen 5, MOS.

Small enough to conceal well, in most situations. Large enough to handle well. Very reliable, easy to detail strip, and parts/accessories are easy to find.

When I retire I plan to get something else to carry, and compete with, but I will always keep a couple 19s, and several mags, for those reasons.
    I agree with all the reasons listed above. I retired almost two years ago, and thought I'd shelve my Glock 19 for a smaller "retirement gun". I own a S&W 642 J-Frame, Shield Plus, a Sig 365 with a Wilson 12rd frame and a Glock 43x.

After some trial and error, I'm still carrying a Glock 19.

Old habits die hard I guess. . .

Site Supporter
    365XL with WC module could cover most of the base's,
    if a smaller or larger module change is possible, even better.

For 25+yrs, my answer has been G19. I simply perform my overall best with that handgun and I've cumulatively carried it more than anything else.

Until this Father's Day at the range, I might've considered the G26.5, I'd been running as my edc* for the last 3yrs. (I'd brought multiple .22 & 9mm pistols as it was my son's very first time.) Towards the end of our session, I ran a few mags through my 19.5 and so easily outdid any work I'd done earlier with the 26.5 that I just started edc'ing the G19.5 again.

To clarify edc* above, the reality is that when I get home, the Glock goes in the safe and the LCR22 goes in the pocket. Most weekends I'll not have occasion nor reason for anything else.

Then last Mon, I woke up with my lower back on fire for no good effing reason beyond 55AF. I sincerely regretted my IWB the entire day. Full time pocket LCR22 since then.

I love me some handguns, all kinds of 'em, but my absolute overriding interest in them is their defensive role. To that end, if I had to pick today, the "right" answer for me would be the LCR22.

User Tag List