Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Up until recently, I would have said a G19-5 MOS, but now I’ll have to echo @JCN and say P365 fire control group and a collection of slides, grip modules, magazines, barrels, etc.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Glock 18

If I can’t have that, then I want Glock 7 so that I can carry on flights.
    I want to change my vote to a Glock 18 also.

A Sig P365 with extra parts would be boring compared to a real full-auto Glock 18
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Up until recently, I would have said a G19-5 MOS, but now I’ll have to echo @JCN and say P365 fire control group and a collection of slides, grip modules, magazines, barrels, etc.
    I was looking at the Steel Macro sized grips and the XXL ported slides with comped barrels. Really could serve a medium gun purpose.

Ruger GP100. Adjustable sights, 4” barrel, stainless steel. The original-pattern grip is a custom-perfect fit. My best accuracy potential, most consistently, more ambidextrously, is with this one. (I can shoot other handguns about as well, but only on a good day.) I do not always carry a GP100, and when I do, it is normally one with a 3” barrel, because it clears leather more expediently, but, I could dress around a 4” GP100, if I had to, every day.

A revolver does not mind if I am firing it when my aging, gimpy right hand is having a bad day.

I have some personal bias. I used my first GP100, more than 30 years ago, in a defensive incident. One shot, placed where I wanted it, even though I was looking over the top of the weapon, not through the rear sight notch. This one:

Name:  IMG_0147.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  48.2 KB

Yes, my finger is on the trigger. This image was snapped with the intention of showing someone how I hold a revolver. The house was unoccupied, at the time. Firearm was unloaded.

Nothing against auto-pistols. I have more than a few. “One gun” means this revolving pistol.

I am glad that this is a mere thought exercise.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-10-2023 at 08:07 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glock 26
    This or Glock 27 with spare 9mm. barrel. The ultimate Volkspistol.

Glock 23 gen 5. No cheats either like “conversion 9mm barrel.” Just a stock G23, a few 7.62 NATO ammo cans full of 180 grain HSTs and FMJ surrogate training rounds, 6-8 mags, and probably wouldn’t lose a second of sleep over it if something like that became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was looking at the Steel Macro sized grips and the XXL ported slides with comped barrels. Really could serve a medium gun purpose.
    The Mischief Machine frames look really nice. I don’t like the look of the Icarus Precision ones.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

When God carries concealed, he carries a Glock 19. There’s a reason for that. As a do-everything gun, it’s hard to do better.

If I’ve retired to the British Virgin Islands and I have to worry about the King’s Constabulary (whose entire police force has less ammo than I take to an average range day), a G26 as a scalable option: 10 rounds in an NPE environment, a 12-round almost G19 with +2 extensions, and the ability to take 15 or 17 round mags as a reload.

I'm gonna go with a Glock 17 or 47 Gen 5 MOS. I'm gonna need a full size service gun to make the attempt to overthrow whoever is limiting me to only one pistol for the rest of my life.

Site Supporter
    S&W 640 Pro or pre lock 649. A little heavy for pocket carry but doable and heavy enough to fire standard pressure .38s for normal length range sessions / qualifications. It’s handgun you can have on you almost all the time and in the woods you can load it with five deep penetrators.

Obviously with it my main hunting weapon would be a bow or rifle.

User Tag List