Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 software issues.

Site Supporter

Glock 19 software issues.

When is it time to give up on a gun? I have been working on improving with my glock for about a year now. I shoot around 100 rounds a week and dry fire about about the same. I mix my 1911 and CZ P07 in every once in awhile and shoot both better (about 8-10% better F.A.S.T times with better hits). Now, the P07 works good for me for 20-30 rounds but then the side stop rubs a whole in my weak hand thumb at the lowest joint. I love the look, feel, and trigger on the 1911 but capacity, weight, and mag issues bother me. I like the glock 19 for its size. Should I switch to the CZ? Is a year not enough? Should I shut up and shoot? (duh) I would love a P30 and wonder about a 3.5 connector but I usually don't buy into trying to buy skills.

What is your shooting experience/training history?

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Site Supporter
    I have been shooting for about 5 years. I have 0 professional training. I have been playing in USPSA and local "ccw practice matches" about a year and a half. So minimal compared to most.

Gotta get some quality training my man... It's amazing how much good training will get you out of a shooting plateau.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Site Supporter
    It is on my list of things to do. I haven't found the right time/money combo yet. I currently have too many hobbies.

Training...it is the key to improving.

What do you feel are your issues with the G19 vs. the others? If it's poor accuracy, is it in some consistent direction? What kind of sights are on the Glock? Do you have big monster hands? Smaller shorter fingers?

What is your ultimate goal? What are your intermediate goals? How are you working toward those goals?

My journey to shooting the G19 started with a 1911 with a great trigger and pretty good sights. Trying out the Glock I found that the trigger sucked but I learned it. The factory sights sucked so I replaced them with fair to middling sights and I improved. I replace the factory connector with a "-" and I improved some more. I put on some great sights and started setting hard and fast goals and I improved a lot.

I don't consider $60 sights and a $14 connector buying skill considering what comes stock on a Glock. If the advantages of the G19 are worth you putting the time, planning and effort into it, stick with it. Stop comparing it to your other guns.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Training...it is the key to improving.
    Echoing Doc, you don't know what you don't know until a set of knowledgeable eyes gives you a once over.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    The sights are ameriglo caps. I don't have any set goal, I use the F.A.S.T as a progress check of sorts and run 3x5 and dot torture with dry fire practice. I'm just a little bothered that the gun I carry most often because it is comfortable and big enough is also the gun I suck the most with. I tend to shoot left.

Shooting left with Glocks is generally a trigger control issue. I shot a 1911 from 1986 until 2010 in military, LE, and CCW roles. When I transitioned to a G19, I had significant issues shooting rapidly and accurately with them. It was not until I received focused professional instruction followed up with regular practice that I was able to overcome my G19 "software" problems. FWIW, the instructor that helped me was Todd Green...

User Tag List