Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: class or lack there of

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    This wasn't me was it?
    F- your waffles!

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    F- your waffles!
    A co-worker invited me to breakfast Tuesday.
    Guess what he heard?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Interestingly, Bob Vogel did not use any profanity or demeaning comments during the recent course he presented here...

I think it is like anything else. If you walk into an R rated movie and are squeamish because of the language and violence... well, the writing was on the wall.

If you don't put an ounce of research into the class you are going to, then that's your fault.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Interestingly, Bob Vogel did not use any profanity or demeaning comments during the recent course he presented here...
    I wouldn't expect him to.
    Vogel is a shooting skills instructor.

I would expect to hear profanity from someone like Southnarc when discussing the criminal assault paradigm and managing contact with the criminal element.
    If you're shocked at a F-bomb dropped in class, how do you think you'll react to a string of creative expletives emanating from the mouth of a hoodlum on the street?
    I've seen "tough" women who said they were ready to fight, shocked into a open mouthed stupor by calling them the C word.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I couldn't care less about what or how someone acts as long as they are being themselves. Nothing worse than a desk jockey trying to pretend to be a Delta Seal and nothing worse than a Delta Seal pretending they know things they don't. If you swear like a sailor just do it. If you string $5 college words together just do it. When someone fakes if you can tell.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    While I get the point, some guys, like Pat Rogers, just wouldn't be the same without the seven words you can't say on TV.
    This. Hackathorn uses F-bombs as an elegant brush with which he paints a mosaic of tactical life and death. He IS an artist with it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Took pistol 1 & 2 with LAV a couple years ago in Birmingham, AL. Great classes, and served as my introduction to "real" firearms learnin'. He's a gregarious dude, and can be a little spicy with his comments. A couple of students in the first class didn't appreciate the spiciness ...
    Some people call me Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    While I get the point, some guys, like Pat Rogers, just wouldn't be the same without the seven words you can't say on TV.
    LOL! He's a very colorful individual as well as Hackathorn. LAV is a riot, too.

I like both approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    This. Hackathorn uses F-bombs as an elegant brush with which he paints a mosaic of tactical life and death. He IS an artist with it.
    I'm typing on a phone and didn't wish to write an essay.

Thank you for stating what I had no patience to.

User Tag List