Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Point Me in the Right Direction...

I don't like nickeled guns and would go for the one on the right. It's certainly unique but more importantly, the pencil barrel will take proper advantage of the tiny frame and show just how nicely the Is carried. The heavy barrel might as well be on a J.

As for grips, a BK adapter can be sanded down to fit an I-frame and the ivory colored one would complete the gun after coloring the sights. And most-all J-frame stock panels can be shortened to fit an I. I've even got a buddy who shortened a set of Barami Hip-Grips to fit a shorter barreled I-frame and epoxy filled the void at the bottom. It made for a super handy little pistol.

We also all need a barbeque gun and I-frames are absolutely adorable.

The "both" argument is pretty strong.

Of course I'm talking about spending someone's else's money...

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Yeah, you need to go buy the blue one.

Or maybe make an offer for both. They aren't making any more like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    The "both" argument is pretty strong.

Of course I'm talking about spending someone's else's money...
    Y’all, don’t think I haven’t thought of that! The place has layaway, which was why I was in there yesterday, to pay on a Winchester 94, I had in layaway. If both are still available on Saturday, I might just do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Y’all, don’t think I haven’t thought of that! The place has layaway, which was why I was in there yesterday, to pay on a Winchester 94, I had in layaway. If both are still available on Saturday, I might just do this.
    I would probably cave to the availability of layaway. That's a level of rationalization that my love of old Smiths, especially my lack of I-Frames Smiths, could come to terms with. But I'm weak that way LOL.

My father carried an I-frame Smith snubby in .32 S&W long in his right hip pocket during most of my life. He either sold it or lost it in a poker game during my time serving Uncle Sam. (He used to drink a bit...). Great little gun.

And a Winchester 94? I obviously need to stay away from that shop!

Looking forward to hearing about them Good Sir. Please keep us posted.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    That nickel/gold one would be just the thing to wear to a Roaring 20s themed party dressed as a Prohibition-era pimp. I'm having a hard time not wanting it.
    Bad, bad Leroy Brown.....

Are the Zoot Shooters still around?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Dooooo eeeeettttt!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Are the Zoot Shooters still around?

Trying hard not to link in "Cherry Poppin' Daddies"... sorry to drift @Moped

But love me some "Zoot Suit Riot". The bling gun would fit right in.

Site Supporter
    Both

I would walk in with 700 in cash 20’s and start my “bidding” at 600. I would be stunned if you could not get out the door for 700 ish all in.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Trying hard not to link in "Cherry Poppin' Daddies"... sorry to drift @Moped

But love me some "Zoot Suit Riot". The bling gun would fit right in.
    Here I go. Down the YouTube Rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Bad, bad Leroy Brown.....
    And his pocket full of fun.

User Tag List