Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Two Holsters, One Gun?

Subsequent to my hip replacement and on-going back issues, belt carry of any kind has become untenable for long drives. I've switched to a horizontal shoulder holster for my P365XL, with two 15 rounders off-side, if I can't take care of what I run into, more gun(s) probably isn't going to help.

The shoulder rig took some doing to get used to, and requires plenty of dry fire draws to get smoothish, but it's hella comfortable for long drives. For instance, in the last two months, I've done two 20-hour round trips to Richmond, and a 27 hour round trip to/from Long Island. Complete comfort.

Site Supporter
    I've got an old Bianchi X-15 that I've thought about using. I got it way back when and thought I'd use it with my 5" Gubmint Model, I don't remember if I ever tried it. Time to dig it out and wipe the dust/mold off it...
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Helpful in the Winter

I've done this in the cold months. I carry in the coat pocket, and then transfer to an ankle holster once I reach work and hang my coat up.

User Tag List