Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Neck knives

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ive read the Emerson chain is pretty long down to stomach level. Was yours that long? Ive also read its a black chain of smaller diamater than a typical dog tag chain.
    A couple questions is the chain durable, did the black finish come off?
    Another solution for the noise I read about was a rubber o ring that pinched the chain togather right above the sheath.
    You can cut a bead chain to length with just a scissor.

To avoid noise I just use a piece of Paracord sheath without the filaments to run the chain through on the sheath.

You want to be able to break the chain with a jerk...or you can get or make a breakaway necklace.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Ive read the Emerson chain is pretty long down to stomach level. Was yours that long? Ive also read its a black chain of smaller diamater than a typical dog tag chain.
    A couple questions is the chain durable, did the black finish come off?
    Another solution for the noise I read about was a rubber o ring that pinched the chain togather right above the sheath.
    I do not remember the initial length but I trim my ball chains so that the knife hangs between my pectorals.

The Emerson ball chain is a smaller diameter, and is black. The black finish is not durable but does not look bad when it starts to wear off.

The photo posted above by Blues shows exactly how I set up my sheath/ball chain interface to eliminate noise.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Apparently Emerson no longer chamfers the holes or the edges of the LaGriffe, from what Ive read online this is a deal breaker. This guy apparently gets his knives directly from Perrin and they are chamfered. Plus quite a bit less than Emersons version. It comes with the sheath but no chain. https://szaboinc.com/collections/fre...teck-la-griffe
    If you want a chain this company https://www.dogtags.com/cart.php claims to supply to the US Military a 30” stainless chain for $2.89 30” no charge for ship if you dont do tracking.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Apparently Emerson no longer chamfers the holes or the edges of the LaGriffe, from what Ive read online this is a deal breaker. This guy apparently gets his knives directly from Perrin and they are chamfered. Plus quite a bit less than Emersons version. It comes with the sheath but no chain. https://szaboinc.com/collections/fre...teck-la-griffe
    If you want a chain this company https://www.dogtags.com/cart.php claims to supply to the US Military a 30” stainless chain for $2.89 30” no charge for ship if you dont do tracking.
    Perrin’s G10 La Griffe or Confusion models may also be relevant to the discussion here as well.

G10 La Griffe fits behind a belt well for an extra discreet Clinch Pick style carry, secured with a short length of paracord.

Laci Szabo and Fred have been friends of many years...preceding the 20 something years I've known them.

There are several vendors selling Fred's pieces. I only put the Emerson video in this thread for illustration purposes for those not familiar with the Griffe.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I only put the Emerson video in this thread for illustration purposes for those not familiar with the Griffe.
    I only mentioned the differences because buyer advised for anyone who might be considering a purchase. It may not be well known.
    Thanks for the help Blues Ive got one on the way.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I only mentioned the differences because buyer advised for anyone who might be considering a purchase. It may not be well known.
    Thanks for the help Blues Ive got one on the way.
    Happy to help, B. I think you'll like it...especially in light of the intended use. Keep me posted.

Im kind of interested in this thread. I hope some members could post pics of what they consider to be good neck knives.
    A get off me not a knife fighter type.
    Im looking for something discreet that doesnt scream knife, light weight can be in the water so no wraps that arent epoxied. A member shared this with me and its available in titanium too.

Attachment 116781
    I'm away from home at the moment. I'll get up some pics and a number of options when I get back to my place in a day or two.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    I do not have any firsthand experience with this knife, but this is what I would buy if I were looking for a neck knife today.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SPF...polymer-sheath
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I have one. They are nice knives. Don't wear it as a neck knife as I found it impractical for me to get to under a shirt. Still like it, though.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List