Thread: Aimpoint Micro H1/T1 Low Mount

Aimpoint Micro H1/T1 Low Mount

Hello everyone! I have a shotgun that I would like to outfit with an Aimpoint Micro, because of the drop in the stock I'm looking to use a low mount. Does anyone have experience/preference on what would be considered up to the task?

They seem to either be really inexpensive, like this Bushnell mount for $30.00 (https://www.bushnell.com/additional-...126LOWMNT.html)
    Or much more expensive like the Aimpoint factory low mount ($100), or the mount from Arisaka for around $80 (https://arisakadefense.com/low-aimpoint-micro-mount/)

Is the Bushnell mount trash? Do I need to just pony up the cash and buy the Arisaka product? Is there a mount that's better than both that you prefer?

Thanks for the help!

Shotguns are very hard on accessories so good on you for going Aimpoint. Which is a very pricey optic as you know.

So, go for the Arisaka mount, loctite and mark screw positions throughout (to note them backing out). In the the scheme of things the price point is irrelevant. No real opinion that Bushnell is junk but I will say Arisaka is not.

If your shotgun has a ventilated rib look at the S-1 sight. Problem solved.
    My apologies to weasels.

What shotgun? There are some purpose built mounts for some of the more popular tactical shotguns out there that let you mount straight to the receiver's drilled and tapped thread points. I remember a cool one that put an RMR straight flush with the top of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrok View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a shotgun that I would like to outfit with an Aimpoint Micro, because of the drop in the stock I'm looking to use a low mount. Does anyone have experience/preference on what would be considered up to the task?

They seem to either be really inexpensive, like this Bushnell mount for $30.00 (https://www.bushnell.com/additional-...126LOWMNT.html)
    Or much more expensive like the Aimpoint factory low mount ($100), or the mount from Arisaka for around $80 (https://arisakadefense.com/low-aimpoint-micro-mount/)

Is the Bushnell mount trash? Do I need to just pony up the cash and buy the Arisaka product? Is there a mount that's better than both that you prefer?

Thanks for the help!
    The two most well know are probably the Aridus CROM and the Vang Comp VCS.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Thanks for the replies everyone! LOTS of great suggestions that I have to consider.

I should have mentioned in my initial post that this would be for a Benelli M4, I looked at that CROM mount and it looks like they don't make a Benelli version sadly. But Scalarworks looks like they make a similar mount (called the SYNC) for the M4. I might go that route.

Any preference between an Aimpoint VS an RMR for a shotgun? I have the Aimpoint but I'm not opposed to considering an RMR instead. Little lighter weight, probably easier to port-load over the top too with its smaller size.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it!

I've seen used Aimpoint factory low mounts for $25-40. The micro pattern is so common there are tons of options, and if not the Aimpoint version you can likely find someone selling another quality low mount they aren't using for that same price range. As an example I've used the Vortex mount that came with my prism on my T2 and its good to go.

I would definitely avoid Bushnell at $30. Im sure its the same mount that comes with a TRS25 and that thing is pretty cheap.

If you really wanna spend $80 id sell you an Aimpoint LRP for that price.

One thind I'd add is my Primary Arms Microdot has held great over a few hundred rounds on my VR80. I dont know that an Aimpoint is worth it in a shotgun as the glass clarity doesn't matter too much, IME anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrok View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone! LOTS of great suggestions that I have to consider.

I should have mentioned in my initial post that this would be for a Benelli M4, I looked at that CROM mount and it looks like they don't make a Benelli version sadly. But Scalarworks looks like they make a similar mount (called the SYNC) for the M4. I might go that route.

Any preference between an Aimpoint VS an RMR for a shotgun? I have the Aimpoint but I'm not opposed to considering an RMR instead. Little lighter weight, probably easier to port-load over the top too with its smaller size.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it!
    The Scalarworks SYNC is what I was thinking of. I'd choose that mount and never look back. I'd stick with the Aimpoint you already have.

User Tag List