Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sig Expansion Chamber - Gimmick or Feature

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    12 yards offhand is not an accuracy test.

Bag the guns and shoot at 25 or 50 yards. 50 yards is better.

If those were mediocre, service grade pistols (6” at 50), you’d expect to see a cluster of less than 1.25-1.5” at 12 yards. 4” groups at 12 yards is not really “accuracy” data from which any inferences should or could be drawn, because way over two-thirds of those group sizes are shooter-induced.
    Ehh, this reads as mean/harsh, but I can’t edit the post anymore. Not trying to insult the shooter, just trying to contextual comparative accuracy testing. Bagged guns (or RRs, if you have access and like the way they work) and full-distance target lines are the only way to evaluate how a pistol performs. Unless you’re a bullseye champ… then you can probably get a good read on gun capability offhand.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    12 yards offhand is not an accuracy test.

Bag the guns and shoot at 25 or 50 yards. 50 yards is better.

If those were mediocre, service grade pistols (6” at 50), you’d expect to see a cluster of less than 1.25-1.5” at 12 yards. 4” groups at 12 yards is not really “accuracy” data from which any inferences should or could be drawn, because way over two-thirds of those group sizes are shooter-induced.
    Didn’t have access to anything more than 12 yards yesterday.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Once I had a Lightweight Commander in 38 Super with a Bar-Sto barrel made 3/8 inch longer. Mag-Na-Port ported the barrel. Result was fantastic. This approach might satisfy need for an expansion chamber.

User Tag List