Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AP reporting US ship attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I could see a President Haley talking decisive military action and not dithering around with these people.
    She's pretty much the one that my wife and I had settled on some time back...though I could live with any of the other R's but Vitek or Trump at this juncture.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I could see a President Haley talking decisive military action and not dithering around with these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    She's pretty much the one that my wife and I had settled on some time back...though I could live with any of the other R's but Vitek or Trump at this juncture.
    Same here. I'm going to vote for her in the primary, but I'm not holding out much hope.

/thread drift
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

https://meaninginhistory.substack.co...onnects-but-is

For those who think we should just rain it down on Yemen- it may be more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    https://meaninginhistory.substack.co...onnects-but-is

For those who think we should just rain it down on Yemen- it may be more complicated.
    Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't get past the bullshit tone and overwhelming use of "Neocons" to understand any type of actual point. Except that maybe the US and Israel suck because we like genocide.

He (she? it?) even stated that we haven't done anything to deter and backed down after a warning from Yemen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't get past the bullshit tone and overwhelming use of "Neocons" to understand any type of actual point. Except that maybe the US and Israel suck because we like genocide.

He (she? it?) even stated that we haven't done anything to deter and backed down after a warning from Yemen.
    +1. I couldn't get past the "I'm an asshole and you just have to deal with it" attitude.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Iran's reaction should prove 'interesting'...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...ranian-general

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Iran's reaction should prove 'interesting'...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...ranian-general

-Rainman
    As a wise man once said: "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

All I can say is if Iran wants to play ball they better get a better air defense system.

A missile shootout with the 6th fleet will be a misguided effort on their part.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    All I can say is if Iran wants to play ball they better get a better air defense system.

A missile shootout with the 6th fleet will be a misguided effort on their part.
    I wouldn't expect Iran to respond with, or be dissuaded by theeats of conventional warfare.

Easiest solution is for Israel to withdraw back to within its borders, but we know that's never happening without coercion...

Site Supporter
    Iran is pretty sure that we won't launch a significant campaign against them. Biden is adverse to such. They have cards to play such as increased proxy attacks in Syria, Iraq and with Hezbollah. The Houtis also have such. Not much mentioned is a US base in Djibouti within easy range of Houti assets. Iran would be happy to see us waste money and missiles on proxies. Costs them little in their own lives.

A truly massive attack on Iranian assets, beyond the usual camel attack or some crappy military sites, isn't going to happen. The US would have to decide basically to go to WW III levels of combat to eliminate the Houtis and defang Iran.

Fat chance of that - unless there is a truly massive attack on US personnel directly by Iranians.

We have not realized that we have to switch to a war mobilization or accept Russian and Iranian successes.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List