Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Let the panic buying begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    On Tuesday we had our best in store day ever. Wednesday we beat Tuesday by a couple grand and Thursday we doubled our Wednesday total. At one point I called in 5 checks on seperate individuals all buying KAC rifles. It's getting stupid real fast.
    My store has been the opposite, as have most of the other stores in Vegas (from what I have heard).
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I just, ah, panic bought some Danish SS109 ammo....... (I'd have bought it anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    This!!

Where I bolded is the real problem we're facing. The deficit is meaningless until inflation outstrips the rate at which employers can increase paychecks and the bond market can pay savers. Now the last half of that, about the bond market is already true; the final component, which will be confirmed shortly, is the rate of wage increases. Once that thread is cut, the sword falls.
    Been having this discussion with a coworker in a very specific context in the weeks leading up to the election: cost of a new automobile relative to each of our current household earnings. We are both in the market for a vehicle and the figures we have been seeing for a brand new or almost new one are staggering. A 72 month car loan will result in a payment that looks slightly less like a mortgage payment but that is a hell of a long loan on a good that has almost no value at the end of the transaction. Our income has certainly not kept pace with the increase in prices in that market. I suspect we are not the only ones. I agree with the above, it will get everyone's attention when it becomes worse and widespread. It will also be far too late to do anything about it.
    Last edited by TommyG; 11-14-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Let the panic buying begin...

#%*€%#....yup it's started. I went to 2 gun shops yesterday to find some small pistol primers and they had been cleaned out...sigh! Human beings are funny animals. Maybe I am in the dark....I am always optimistic that things will be fine. Callme Polyanna I guess!

Kind of got unlucky that my cash flow to stock up on reloading components landed right after the election. I was pretty worried, but *thankfully*, none of the local places were out of primers and brass yet, and Black Bullets International managed to ship same day.

No changes at Freedom Munitions, other than keeping up with demand.
    No changes in the price of Aguila or CCI Blazer as listed here: http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9mm+Luger

Don't see it yet.
    CC

SG Ammo has lots of 9x19 FMJ in stock.

Colorado Springs:

Wal-Mart: No change to availability, they are sold out of Federal 100 rd. 55 grain .223 but they have been selling out of that within a day or two or getting it in for months. No increase to prices.

Sportsman's Warehouse: (general purpose sporting goods store focused on hunting and fishing) No price mark-up, all ammo still available, clerk says that they are moving more ARs than normal but still fully stocked with many ARs, a few AKs, a few M1As

Specialty Sports: (a very large gun store, has everything including Class III and prepping supplies though its prices are VERY high) still has plenty of everything. They pre-empted the buying spree by marking up their prices a few years ago (only half-joking). They are doing business, are busy even, but not running out.

It seems to have hit the really cheap ammo available on the interwebs more than the local stores here.

I saw .45 ACP Winchester Ball at... $650 per case this weekend at Gander Mountain.

Holy Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I saw .45 ACP Winchester Ball at... $650 per case this weekend at Gander Mountain.

Holy Crap!
    FYI that $$ would yield 5K+ in reload components......
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

User Tag List