Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "Typo" Reveals a New Viridian Optic on Midway USA

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Cool. I’ll end up doing a QRC card for the RFX44, hence the interest for me.
    QRC for RFX44 is posted:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1536014

I put 300 rounds through my Echelon/RFX44 combo yesterday.

Other than the battery cap working loose after about 100 rounds the optic works fine.

I do wish it had one or two additional brightness settings. On max brightness it is a little washed out in bright AZ sun.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

These are $299 on sale at Midway.

I need* another Acro footprint optic. Preferably an Acro P2. I also still have a 509T plate...

*More like have another host available and don't want to play musical red dots.

My old mindset of not buying lesser optics and just saving for the Aimpoint/top tier is being tested against the fact that lots of options are much better now than in the past. Or maybe more vetted, specifically Holosun.

I want to not buy Chinese, but just bought an EPS 6moa. So far it's nice. The 509TX2 was nice too, and I replaced it with an Acro P2. Wish I had that one still.

So here we are at the Viridian. It would go on a range toy but I don't know. Acro P2 can be had for $500. 509TX2 $350. Not sure RFX44 at $299 is better than the known 509TX2.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Not sure RFX44 at $299 is better than the known 509TX2.
    I'd lean towards the Holosun for the extra scratch. The 509 is pretty much a known entity at this point with lots and lots of them out there in competition and duty environments. They do occasionally fail but Holosun stands behind them so replacement will be an inconvenience but not a deal breaker.

The 44 does have less distortion and the dot is nice and round. I'm not sure how Viridian differs in projection technology but the green dot is clean and crisp and doesn't seem to bloom or flare in darker environments.

The 44 is smaller by a small amount than the older 45 and is the same width as my Echelon slide. I'd assume it will also be about the same width as a Glock slide if that's what you'd be running it on. The 509 (and most others) usually stick out on both sides for whatever problems that might cause. The window is also a little narrower as a result but I haven't noticed that being an issue.

One thing I like about the Viridian is that the electronics are in the top of the unit so it works with normal height sights. It does have sort of a visible wall or flat spot at the top of the optic that would otherwise be at the bottom of the optic if the electronics were underneath. I don't really notice this when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    These are $299 on sale at Midway.

I need* another Acro footprint optic. Preferably an Acro P2. I also still have a 509T plate...

*More like have another host available and don't want to play musical red dots.

My old mindset of not buying lesser optics and just saving for the Aimpoint/top tier is being tested against the fact that lots of options are much better now than in the past. Or maybe more vetted, specifically Holosun.

I want to not buy Chinese, but just bought an EPS 6moa. So far it's nice. The 509TX2 was nice too, and I replaced it with an Acro P2. Wish I had that one still.

So here we are at the Viridian. It would go on a range toy but I don't know. Acro P2 can be had for $500. 509TX2 $350. Not sure RFX44 at $299 is better than the known 509TX2.
    509T for sure

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    509T for sure
    Do you have experience with the RFX44?

User Tag List