Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A "Typo" Reveals a New Viridian Optic on Midway USA

A "Typo" Reveals a New Viridian Optic on Midway USA

Note that Midway USA has this listed as "coming soon." It appears to be a smaller version of the previous enclosed emitter called the RFX45.

This one is ACRO footprint like the 45 and runs on a 1632 battery. I don't see run time listed but I'm guessing 20,000 hours or so with the 1632.

Height and width look about the same but the length appears to be about a quarter inch shorter. The clamp looks to be centered on the body so that's about an 1/8th inch shaved off both front and rear of the unit.

It is interesting that Viridian is making a Compact enclosed emitter. They must be getting feedback that the RFX45 is too big. Or they're just wanting to do something different from the Atibal, Swamp Fox and Riton that are all pretty much the same unit.

Price seems good at $322. I assume these will see official release at SHOT.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026483732

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

These look like a relabeled version of another manufacturer's ones, with that battery up top and the chonky top piece... I forget which one at the moment. I'm guessing they're all coming out of the same factory?

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    These look like a relabeled version of another manufacturer's ones, with that battery up top and the chonky top piece... I forget which one at the moment. I'm guessing they're all coming out of the same factory?
    The RFX45 appears to essentially be the same optic as the enclosed emitters from Riton, Swamp Fox, Atibal and probably a few others. It seems the only real difference in these is the green dot in the Viridian and then two recoil lugs for the Swamp Fox.

This new RFX44 looks like a Gen2 of sorts. Smaller overall size and a 1632 battery without radically changing the other specs. It is probably quite likely the other companies will introduce this smaller version but under their label.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It looks like the new RFX44 is live and avai. Here is a link to Viridian's website:

https://viridianweapontech.com/produ...1N6W7J,1C4DN,1

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Re the RFX44, does this need a plate to mount on an RMSc footprint (e.g. P365X/XL)? I assume yes, as the web site says it’s an Acro but mentions RMSc.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-19-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Re the RFX44, does this need a plate to mount on an RMSc footprint (e.g. P365X/XL)? I assume yes, as the web site says it’s an Acro but mentions RMSc.
    I'm reading that as adapter plates are available for the RMSc.

Got an email from Viridian that these are shipping meow.

Midway shows a few in-stock, some at $299.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm reading that as adapter plates are available for the RMSc.

Gotcha. I spent a few minutes searching for a plate on their web site without success, but yeah looks like it.

And this would make this optic sit even…higher than it does now. Wow, that’d be pretty tall.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Gotcha. I spent a few minutes searching for a plate on their web site without success, but yeah looks like it.

And this would make this optic sit even…higher than it does now. Wow, that’d be pretty tall.

I was just looking on the web for some pics, etc. I'm not finding much. I assume the optic will be relatively tall since the battery is on the top. But it still will probably have a fairly low optic window even with an adapter plate.

Midway shows the RMSc adapter version as coming soon. Price is $299.25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I was just looking on the web for some pics, etc. I'm not finding much. I assume the optic will be relatively tall since the battery is on the top. But it still will probably have a fairly low optic window even with an adapter plate.

Midway shows the RMSc adapter version as coming soon. Price is $299.25.
    Cool. I’ll end up doing a QRC card for the RFX44, hence the interest for me.

User Tag List