Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carjackings in the news

Carjackings in the news

Generally not newsworthy but this one might send a signal to how bad the problem is in DC.

Carjackings are up more than 100% over last year.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-specia...y?id=105255780
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Time to have a carjacker sting op and shoot some of these juvenile delinquents on iCrime.

Important safety tip - how do you carry in your vehicle to have gun accessible while belted in?

Do you shoot through the window or just drive over the little buggers?

When FBI agents get car jacked and the G-ride gets stolen with guns, ammo and armor in the trunk something is seriously wrong.

The Secret Service agent on Biden daughter's protection detail fired his weapon but didn't hit the kid.

Reckless endangerment. Where did his rounds go?

Comments????

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    The Secret Service agent on Biden daughter's protection detail fired his weapon but didn't hit the kid.

Comments????
    Merely missing your target doesn't necessarily mean firing was reckless, or dangerous to third parties. "Know your target and what is beyond it."

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Time to have a carjacker sting op and shoot some of these juvenile delinquents on iCrime.

Important safety tip - how do you carry in your vehicle to have gun accessible while belted in?

Do you shoot through the window or just drive over the little buggers?

When FBI agents get car jacked and the G-ride gets stolen with guns, ammo and armor in the trunk something is seriously wrong.

Comments????
    Whoever did that probably knew what was in the car, don't cha think?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    If you mean the carjacker who took the FBI car, don't count on it. I think it's more likely that the carjacker just saw an opportunity and took it, without knowing it was a LE vehicle. Plainclothes cops and federal agents being selected for robbery happens more than you'd think, and it's pretty obvious when the robbers don't come prepared for a real fight. Often, the robbery is not successfully consummated.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...329-story.html

https://nypost.com/2022/12/17/nj-man...ing-dea-agent/
    Last edited by Le Français; 11-30-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    If you mean the carjacker who took the FBI car, don't count on it. I think it's more likely that the carjacker just saw an opportunity and took it, without knowing it was a LE vehicle. Plainclothes cops and federal agents being selected for robbery happens more than you'd think, and it's pretty obvious when the robbers don't come prepared for a real fight. Often, the robbery is not successfully consummated.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...329-story.html

https://nypost.com/2022/12/17/nj-man...ing-dea-agent/
    I’d be comfortable betting a paycheck the perpetrators didn’t know the victim was a federal agent and that they were jacking a g-ride. I believe some years ago the DEA reported that approximately 50% of their agents’ OIS’ were in response to robbery attempts of plain clothes personnel. It wouldn’t surprise me if most other investigative agencies had similar numbers. Most of the big agencies are running fleets of GSA leased vehicles which means the vehicles are generally no older than three years. Popular models of newish cars that don’t immediately look like cop cars, being driven by people who don’t immediately look like cops, who are often doing the same things normal private citizens do during the duty day (going into and out of office buildings, getting gas, going out to lunch, etc). Since the vast majority of car jackings and other street robberies are opportunist crimes that don’t really allow for extended surveillance of the would-be victims, the perpetrators don’t know their intended target is actually an armed federal agent. That’s how feds end up getting robbed on duty.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Having a manual won't keep you from getting killed/beat up, but at least they may not make off with your car.

Porsche Carjackers Fail Because They Can't Drive Stick
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’d be comfortable betting a paycheck the perpetrators didn’t know the victim was a federal agent and that they were jacking a g-ride. I believe some years ago the DEA reported that approximately 50% of their agents’ OIS’ were in response to robbery attempts of plain clothes personnel. It wouldn’t surprise me if most other investigative agencies had similar numbers. Most of the big agencies are running fleets of GSA leased vehicles which means the vehicles are generally no older than three years. Popular models of newish cars that don’t immediately look like cop cars, being driven by people who don’t immediately look like cops, who are often doing the same things normal private citizens do during the duty day (going into and out of office buildings, getting gas, going out to lunch, etc). Since the vast majority of car jackings and other street robberies are opportunist crimes that don’t really allow for extended surveillance of the would-be victims, the perpetrators don’t know their intended target is actually an armed federal agent. That’s how feds end up getting robbed on duty.
    jacking a g-ride

I thought all GSA vehicles had to use the G prefix license plate. Is this out of date?

https://www.gsa.gov/system/files/Onl...Lcorrected.pdf

jacking a g-ride

I thought all GSA vehicles had to use the G prefix license plate. Is this out of date?

Many federal LE vehicles are using state cover tags, especially for those who are in investigative assignments.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

jacking a g-ride

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Many federal LE vehicles are using state cover tags, especially for those who are in investigative assignments.
    Surveillance would be substantially less productive if our vehicles had .gov plates on them.

User Tag List