Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Police Trade 40’s (Dang all this 40 talk at PF)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I wonder if 40 would have had a better run if people has just stuck to the 180grn instead of the Tim Taylor Gimme All The FPS!!!!! loads?
    The Binford Splat Master 155? I loved shooting light, fast bullets out of 40s in the old days. My favorite was the 135 Nosler bullet. At least for games, I quickly learned that in real life a good 180 at a decent velocity was the way to go. I also wandered away from 185 gr 45 "Swift" loads in 45 ACP. Geee, the light fast bullets were really cool on water jugs and fruit shoots.

I really learned a lot from Lucky Gunners ballistic tests, even if it was with the wrong gel.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Site Supporter
    I bought a USP40 full size for one reason - it was the heralded famous 'Rainbow Six' pistol that was on the cover of the video game and countless other Rainbow Six IP spinoffs. Because I'm a nerd.

Then I took the damn thing out to the range and I was astounded at how it was every bit the 'laser' as my USP45 full size but flatter shooting and easier to manage and easier to conceal.

Starting from square zero and wanting a .40 S&W - I'd get a USP, no question, and I deeply regret passing on the chance to buy a USPc 40 for $400 when HK prices were somewhat depressed in that range. I still think the USP40 is the best used HK pistol on the market, and I'd climb over a pile of brand new P2000's in .40 to get to a beat up PD used USP40.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I bought a USP40 full size for one reason - it was the heralded famous 'Rainbow Six' pistol that was on the cover of the video game and countless other Rainbow Six IP spinoffs. Because I'm a nerd.

Then I took the damn thing out to the range and I was astounded at how it was every bit the 'laser' as my USP45 full size but flatter shooting and easier to manage and easier to conceal.

Starting from square zero and wanting a .40 S&W - I'd get a USP, no question, and I deeply regret passing on the chance to buy a USPc 40 for $400 when HK prices were somewhat depressed in that range. I still think the USP40 is the best used HK pistol on the market, and I'd climb over a pile of brand new P2000's in .40 to get to a beat up PD used USP40.
    I often mention selling about 15-20 guns to pay off my student loans early back in 2017.

While I enjoy being loan-free, by far the biggest regret in that series of sales was my stainless USP Compact .40 - hurts to remember.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I did the same-to finance a honeymoon. It was worth it....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    There are some crazy good deals on Glock .40s right now. Under $300.

I do wish good deals could be found on USP .40s still. Not so much because I want a .40, but an affordable USP, even in .40, would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    There are some crazy good deals on Glock .40s right now. Under $300.

I do wish good deals could be found on USP .40s still. Not so much because I want a .40, but an affordable USP, even in .40, would be nice.
    Ends in 10 hours. Maybe you'll get lucky. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1019854233
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

And it's already a LEM!

Reviewer of the Tools
    I bought a Beretta 96G Brigadier Elite II. Hopefully picking up later today.

The hell is wrong with the me...

Run 180 grain and don't get bullets with extra-wide meplats (like the Remington green/white box 180gr JHP) as the edge can catch on the frame scallop under the feedramp; the little 9mm feedway doesn't quite clear the fatties. And drop in a stronger Wolff recoil spring. If you get a 9mm barrel for fun, avoid the Hungarian New Republic ammo as the rims don't always listen when the extractor tells them it is time to go.

If you want a safe bet for a social load, HST plays nice in every one I have seen and the vanilla non-bonded Golden Saber shoots pretty softly while also feeding well. Off the top of my head, Gold Dots never gave any fuss, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    And it's already a LEM!
    Is it LEM, or is it HK's DAO?

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List