Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown WC Pistol?

Site Supporter

Unknown WC Pistol?

In a recent instagram video Wilson Combat posted, we see Ken Hackathorn demonstrating the way he likes to zero iron sights.

Ken is using a pistol I can’t identify, and I’m wondering if it’s something new. It appears to be a striker fired, sliding trigger, external extractor, double stack of some sort. In an earlier frame we can see a grip safety, but not much beyond that. I wonder if they’ve made a striker fired 2011 of some kind?

Name:  4762CCA0-7DF5-40FA-BD1A-BE89FA673EB7.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  37.0 KB

Except for the trigger position it looks SIGish. WCP320?

I was close... P365

Ken IDs it at the end.
    Last edited by 358156hp; 11-21-2023 at 10:31 AM.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

He identifies each pistol in the video below.

Name:  IMG_6692.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  30.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6691.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  29.8 KB
    Last edited by FrankB; 11-21-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    He identifies each pistol in the video below.

I can’t find where he identifies the iron sighted pistol in that video. He identifies the p365 by its magazine at one point, but from what I can tell he doesn’t mention the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I can’t find where he identifies the iron sighted pistol in that video. He identifies the p365 by its magazine at one point, but from what I can tell he doesn’t mention the other.
    I just watched that section, and Ken says, “Whatever this thing is.” I took some screen shots above.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Except for the trigger position it looks SIGish. WCP320?
    The slide does remind me of a p320, but the extractor is too long and it’s definitely got a sliding trigger and grip safety.

@WilsonCombatRep

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    He starts messing with the gun in question at 5:45.

I can't really get a sense of the trigger... but yeah--it's got a longer extractor than a P320. It looks kinda like what you see on the EDC X9.

I was thinking maybe it was some kinda Wilson-ized M&P. M&Ps have longer extractors, but they've got kind of a "step" that kinks inward toward the chamber. Don't think I see that on this? But it's hard to tell. Plus, if it's got a sliding trigger, it's different than any striker-fired gun out there (I think?).

I'm inclined to think it's a new thing. Cool.

Good eye and thanks for sharing.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Only sliding trigger striker design I know of is the defunct Hudson H9, and this doesn’t look like one of those at all, so yeah I’d say it seems like something new.

I recall someone acquired the Hudson IP when that company folded, so maybe some design patents have gotten traded around. Or maybe it’s totally unrelated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Only sliding trigger striker design I know of is the defunct Hudson H9, and this doesn’t look like one of those at all, so yeah I’d say it seems like something new.

I recall someone acquired the Hudson IP when that company folded, so maybe some design patents have gotten traded around. Or maybe it’s totally unrelated.
    Interesting theories.

I read that Daniel Defense acquired the Hudson patents. Though I haven't seen anything from them that suggests they're doing anything with it. Either way... Shot Show ain't too far away.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List