Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P SPEC Series M&P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is completely fugly. And I STILL don't understand the metal frame M2.0 - there's no weight gain over polymer (to dampen recoil), and it removes the possible recoil attenuation from polymer frame flex. But, I'm just a poor dumb country boy from NY...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is completely fugly. And I STILL don't understand the metal frame M2.0 - there's no weight gain over polymer (to dampen recoil), and it removes the possible recoil attenuation from polymer frame flex. But, I'm just a poor dumb country boy from NY...

S&W went with aluminum so it would be "metal frame" to appeal to casual shooters. If they were trying to build a serious competition pistol it would have been steel frame to have actual weight.

Looking at the cost of an iron butt for a 2011, I think I see why they chose aluminum.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Odd to routinely get 4" groups at 25 yards with the compact, then go back to shooting the full size version of the same gun and seeing the groups open up to about 6-8".

Has S&W ever acknowledged a problem with poor accuracy out of some of these guns?
    If those figures are offhand as opposed to benched, that's about the gist of it but i would expect the 1.0 to have those groups. If the 2.0 was giving those 6" - 8" groups, bench it to be sure. I myself haven't heard of 2.0s doing that but I also wouldn't say it doesnt.

That being said, shooting smaller groups with the compact 4.0" and both the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the 3.6" was the norm. It was just on the 4.25" which is odd. AFAIK, s&w never publicly admitted there was an issue but did have updates as time wore on to remedy the issue. Changing twist rates, changing some barrel geometry on the 2.0s, etc

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    What if M&P really stood for metal and plastic and that was their plan all along

Will all the cad/cam and cnc capabilities Smith has.....and that is the best fitting comp they could do???

Yep ugly. Looks like an aftermarket part made to fit the maximum number of different guns so it doesn't fit any of them well. Couldn't they at least coat it the same as the frame and slide so it's shape stands out less?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Will all the cad/cam and cnc capabilities Smith has.....and that is the best fitting comp they could do???
    They just got one from faxon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    They just got one from faxon
    Thought that looked like Faxons.

No texturing or grip panels for that smooth aluminum on the sides of the grip?

I get people can put skateboard tape on it but for a dedicated “comp” gun?

I’d rather just build up a M&P with Apex barrel and goodies and call it a day.

User Tag List