Thread: Grip screw for a Taurus 85 1995 Wood grip

Grip screw for a Taurus 85 1995 Wood grip

Lost the grip screw on a nice set of factory Taurus wood grips for a Model 85. Contacted the nice lady at Taurus USA and they advised me they don't sell grip screws. I have to purchase a new set of grips.

Well my question to you refined forum members is: Does anyone have an extra that they would sell, or would someone measure an existing gripscrew and give me the dimensions of the gripscrew? As in lengthx diameterx thread pitch. An altamont grip screw medium length is close and would work but the thread pitch is not correct, it's close but not quite, I don't want to strip the threads on the grip or dislodge the screw in the wood.

Appreciate any help I can get on this. The grips go on a Model 856UL, but they came off a 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Lost the grip screw on a nice set of factory Taurus wood grips for a Model 85. Contacted the nice lady at Taurus USA and they advised me they don't sell grip screws. I have to purchase a new set of grips.

Well my question to you refined forum members is: Does anyone have an extra that they would sell, or would someone measure an existing gripscrew and give me the dimensions of the gripscrew? As in lengthx diameterx thread pitch. An altamont grip screw medium length is close and would work but the thread pitch is not correct, it's close but not quite, I don't want to strip the threads on the grip or dislodge the screw in the wood.

Appreciate any help I can get on this. The grips go on a Model 856UL, but they came off a 85.
    This?

With my reloading calipers I'm seeing 1.025" total length, .945" exclusive of head. .121" diameter. I'm counting 16 threads in .43 inches. I don't have anything that will let me define the threading more than that. (I actually got this screw from Taurus, sometime in the past decade. Bought the grip without screw off Ebay. Mistake.)Name:  IMG_20231127_195258459.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  19.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20231127_195310576.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  28.7 KB

Yup looks like the one. Thanks for your help!

User Tag List