Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Shockwave accessories compatibility

Mossberg Shockwave accessories compatibility

I'm considering SBS-ing a 590 Shockwave 12 GA as a future project, but I want to make sure the accessories I have in mind will work with each other before I start spending time and money on it. I plan to put on Magpul furniture and an Aridus Q-DC shell carrier. From what I've read it looks like the Magpul forend has to be modified to fit the Shockwave. Will the modified forend and Aridus Q-DC interfere with each other? Are there any other considerations you might know of before I get started?

Before people start saying to use velcro cards instead, I already have a Q-DC on my 1301 and I want to be able to use the detachable carriers on both guns.

If you already have a similar setup to what I'm describing I would love to see pics.

Thanks for your help.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

All I understand is the 14" Mossbergs have a shorter fore-end vs. the 18+" Mossberg shotguns.
    https://magpul.com/moem-lokforend-mo...obal_color=118

Otherwise, I see no reason why an Aridus side-saddle wouldn't work with the existing fore-end.
    https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...etach-carrier/

I haven't researched what is involved with modding a Magpul fore-end to work with the 14" Mossberg shotguns. It's good you're thinking ahead about this as I'd also be concerned whether a modified fore-end might be somehow too long and interfere with any side-saddle. Personally, I've used 4-round Tacstar side-saddles previously on stock 870s and 590A1s as I didn't like running my hand into the 6-round side-saddles with OEM fore-ends (the shorter "corn-cob" type, not Remington's longer fore-end versions which partially overlapped the receiver when pumping which typically needed to have the rear ends sawed off).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm considering SBS-ing a 590 Shockwave 12 GA as a future project, but I want to make sure the accessories I have in mind will work with each other before I start spending time and money on it. I plan to put on Magpul furniture and an Aridus Q-DC shell carrier. From what I've read it looks like the Magpul forend has to be modified to fit the Shockwave. Will the modified forend and Aridus Q-DC interfere with each other? Are there any other considerations you might know of before I get started?

Before people start saying to use velcro cards instead, I already have a Q-DC on my 1301 and I want to be able to use the detachable carriers on both guns.

If you already have a similar setup to what I'm describing I would love to see pics.

Thanks for your help.
    Sounds like this is the easy button for the Magpul forend:

https://www.gggaz.com/magpul-forearm...shockwave.html

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Sounds like this is the easy button for the Magpul forend:

https://www.gggaz.com/magpul-forearm...shockwave.html
    Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

I like my SBS shockwave a lot. I went with a magpul stock and the streamlight forend.
    For optics it’s got a Holosun 507 on a Vangcomp mount.
    Also put a Vangcomp big speed safety on it.
    Replaced the magazine springs with Wolffe Spring (got a set of 3)
    Velcro on the receiver for Esstacc shell cards.

It patterns very well with various buckshot including the Federal mini #4 buck.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I like my SBS shockwave a lot. I went with a magpul stock and the streamlight forend.
    For optics it’s got a Holosun 507 on a Vangcomp mount.
    Also put a Vangcomp big speed safety on it.
    Replaced the magazine springs with Wolffe Spring (got a set of 3)
    Velcro on the receiver for Esstacc shell cards.

It patterns very well with various buckshot including the Federal mini #4 buck.
    You got a pic you can share?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    You got a pic you can share?
    Name:  IMG_3359.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  70.3 KB
    Name:  590-SBS.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  62.7 KB
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 11-27-2023 at 08:50 PM.

@Paul Blackburn it looks great. Thanks for the pics.
    Steve

I really like your SBS setup @Paul Blackburn.

As I've spent my discretionary funds on reloading components and ammo I have a list started. I did put one of the Vang Comp mounts on that "To Get" list.
    Is your 507 a 6 MOA?
    Curious because I have a 6 MOA 407 on my TX .22 Compact and like it. My Glocks have RMR and 509t but my aging eyes have me appreciating a 6 MOA these days. Just wondering about P-F thoughts on this.
    I promise I am searching and reading previous threads...I have to work and sleep sometimes

I am running one of Rhett's recoil straps on my Shockwave and found it quite remarkable in it's simplicity, function, and for my use.
    But as SBS conversion makes good sense to me.

Thanks for starting this thread @SteveL. Learning is occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I really like your SBS setup @Paul Blackburn.

As I've spent my discretionary funds on reloading components and ammo I have a list started. I did put one of the Vang Comp mounts on that "To Get" list.
    Is your 507 a 6 MOA?
    Curious because I have a 6 MOA 407 on my TX .22 Compact and like it. My Glocks have RMR and 509t but my aging eyes have me appreciating a 6 MOA these days. Just wondering about P-F thoughts on this.
    I promise I am searching and reading previous threads...I have to work and sleep sometimes

I am running one of Rhett's recoil straps on my Shockwave and found it quite remarkable in it's simplicity, function, and for my use.
    But as SBS conversion makes good sense to me.

Thanks for starting this thread @SteveL. Learning is occurring.
    It’s the 507C Green X2 with a 2 MOA center dot and optional 32 MOA circle.

User Tag List