Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round Up - 2024

Just registered—sounds like great fun and training!

The revolver I carry the most is a J-frame, so I’ll definitely bring it. I also have a couple of Model 64s and a 4” GP100. The sights are definitely better on the GP. Would there be any benefit to the K-frames vs. the GP?

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Just registered—sounds like great fun and training!

The revolver I carry the most is a J-frame, so I’ll definitely bring it. I also have a couple of Model 64s and a 4” GP100. The sights are definitely better on the GP. Would there be any benefit to the K-frames vs. the GP?

Replying to myself to add:

I think I've answered my own question: The K frames are more similar to the J than is the GP, so I'll plan on using one of those.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Replying to myself to add:

I think I've answered my own question: The K frames are more similar to the J than is the GP, so I'll plan on using one of those.
    It really depends what blocks you sign up for. I used a 649 and a GP100 and was happy to have the better sights for
    Bruce Cartwright‘s block where we shot the FBI bullseye course.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    It really depends what blocks you sign up for. I used a 649 and a GP100 and was happy to have the better sights for
    That's helpful, thanks! I will look forward to seeing the options, and will likely just bring both anyway. Now I need a decent holster for my GP...

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Sharps 54 and Dog Caller:

Bring two guns if possible. A snub for snub dedicated courses and an adjustable sighted 4 inch service revolver for non-snub type courses. I had a few studs shoot my bullseye course with a J frame, but in reality, a bigger gun gets you more training value. Also, be sure the gun is sighted in for the ammo you are shooting. Hope that helps.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List