Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finks Goodness

Finks Goodness

I had dropped these off at the Gunsite Gunsmithy when I was at PRMRR in ‘22. I picked them up at the most recent PRMRR.

A 3” pre-Model 10 round butt. Of course Smith never made this, but they should have. Duty action job, refinished, roll marks recut, converted to round butt, giraffe bone stocks. It’s my BBQ gun.

A Model 12 with duty action job, converted to DAO, and grips milled down to fit the narrow frame. This had been carried a lot and I opted to not refinish it. I like the character it gives the weapon.

A Model 64 with duty action job, converted to DAO. Those stocks came with it. I don’t like them and will be replacing them.

Name:  IMG_8178.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  31.9 KBName:  IMG_8148.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  98.4 KBName:  IMG_8147.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  72.2 KBName:  IMG_8145.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  99.4 KBName:  IMG_8178.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  31.9 KBName:  IMG_8148.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  98.4 KBName:  IMG_8147.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  72.2 KBName:  IMG_8145.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  99.4 KB
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

That Pre-Model 10 is absolutely gorgeous! I bet that was fun shooting those completed guns at the roundup!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Who did you go through to get the giraffe bone stocks? I want to pick up a set for my Faux Pinto Security Six.

That is an absolute stunner! I nearly bought a 3" Pre-10 similar to that guns' configuration on gunbroker a month or so ago. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!

I’d shoot any of them, but that doctored pre model 10 is killer.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

And you never let me shoot them while we were there.... I haz a sad.

I think you need a set of Ahrends to do that Model 64 justice.

Site Supporter
    I'll second not being able to shoot them while we were all there... Nice Revolvers.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Who did you go through to get the giraffe bone stocks? I want to pick up a set for my Faux Pinto Security Six.
    I got them here:

https://rogersgunsandgrips.com/
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful revolvers!

I'm pretty local to Finks and know of several guns that have gone thru his shop and have never heard a negative word. Even with some fairly hard to please customers, they all say nothing but good about his work, going back to when he first started up.

User Tag List