Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Langdon Release Monday?

IDPA BUG just went asymptote.
    @JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    How could you? The Bobcat doesn't come with a dot...

--

Pretty sure that the added mass to the slide of the .32 vs. .22 is why the Tomcat got the dot.

You could do a .32ACP can, Thompson Machine makes one. But a 9mm K-sized can makes more sense. Or as Ben G suggested, a pill bottle:

Attachment 111931
    Yeah, I just saw the form factor and immediately thought "22lr" and got excited since I have the can already and a 5-figure amount of 22lr ammo on hand.

Chris

This seriously started as an April Fool's Day Joke. And Instagram blew the fuck up about it. This is a stupid way to spend money and I'm here for it.
    The more I see the more I think maybe it’s still should be an April fools Day joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm ambiguous about this one but LTT had already lost most of my respect when they dumped Aridus in favor of GG&G.
    This is why I didn’t buy my 1301 from them and built my own. I’m not running GG&G parts on the gun that lives beside my bed.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Exactly. I'd go broke on fun little plinkers like this if I lived somewhere I could just walk out the back door and shoot.

Chris
    I'm not that lucky. I have to walk out my front door and just shoot. I've pulled my 3032 out of the safe and will be sending it soon on an Arizona vacation for a make over at the LTT Spa. This is going to be damn fun. Not everything is tactical or practical. Somethings are worth their value for just the shit eating grins. I'm chuckling now just thinking about running a Dicken's Drill with it.

I can't wait to attend one of Ernest's 3032 Tomcat RDO classes. Bahaha! Tell me that wouldn't be a freakin good time.
    Last edited by medmo; 11-28-2023 at 11:47 AM.

Same folks who don't get that guys who HALO jump are typically issued that expensive kit and don't buy it from LTT (or anyone else for that matter).

You and me both. If for no other reason than sometimes when the aftermarket does something fun with a Beretta, we eventually get a factory response.

For example the "Covert" Bobcat and Tomcat exist as a response to Tornado Technologies creating custom lengthened and threaded barrels.

What I hope is Langdon sells a ton of these. Enough to convince the Italians that people still like 7.65mm Browning. And that they really need a bigger version of a RDO Tomcat...maybe something faster with spots, a Cheetah perhaps?

Now, I also admit to ulterior motives for the desire of a 7.65 80x that is directly related to my desire to ream that biatch out and turn it into a double stack, dot equipped, .32NAA.
    I checked Tornado Technologies and I don't see the threaded bbls currently listed. Will have to phone them later. Midwest Gun Works has the threaded bbls listed but zero stock.

Site Supporter
    A different perspective on this gun:

My daughter is currently 16, and has been shooting (mostly pistol but some rifle) since she was 10. She is reasonably strong and in good physical condition for a 16 year old female. I have not yet tried her on calibers above .22 lr, but she would have a reasonably normal ability to handle recoil in my opinion.

I have not had her shoot anything above .22 lr. because she is really sensitive to noise. When I take her shooting, not only does she stick to .22, but she asks me to stick to .22 as well. She typically wears good electronic earmuffs with foam plugs underneath, even at the outdoor range we use.

She understands why I carry a gun, and has expressed some interest in potentially doing so when she turns 21.

This setup potentially provides something concealable even with a sound suppressor added. The optic probably completely changes the accuracy potential of the gun. Depending on choice of clothing that day, a Ken Null SMZ might work well to conceal it.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I just picked up a 3032 Tomcat a few weeks ago, taking advantage of Beretta’s rebate.

I’ve only put a few hundred rounds through it so far. It’s surely a dated design, but very fun to shoot. The SA trigger is workable but a version of the TJIAB would certainly be welcome. The thumb safety is easy to manipulate, given its size, and hopefully you’re a righty. I imagine the dehorning eases up the slide bite too.

An upgrade to useable irons would make my day. Something along the lines of the LCP Custom, but with a big glob of orange on the front sight. The rear is dovetailed but the front would require some machining.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A different perspective on this gun:

My daughter is currently 16, and has been shooting (mostly pistol but some rifle) since she was 10. She is reasonably strong and in good physical condition for a 16 year old female. I have not yet tried her on calibers above .22 lr, but she would have a reasonably normal ability to handle recoil in my opinion.

I have not had her shoot anything above .22 lr. because she is really sensitive to noise. When I take her shooting, not only does she stick to .22, but she asks me to stick to .22 as well. She typically wears good electronic earmuffs with foam plugs underneath, even at the outdoor range we use.

She understands why I carry a gun, and has expressed some interest in potentially doing so when she turns 21.

This setup potentially provides something concealable even with a sound suppressor added. The optic probably completely changes the accuracy potential of the gun. Depending on choice of clothing that day, a Ken Null SMZ might work well to conceal it.
    Underwood loads a standard pressure .32 with 55-grain Lehighs, they'll be subsonic from a Tomcat and aren't HPs, so they can go through a wipe-type suppressor (like the Thompson Machine Co.).

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    My friend just had one blow up in his hand a couple of months while qualifying for his CCW.

It shut down the range and the parametrics had to patch up some small cuts.

Beretta reimbursed him for the gun, but the experience has soured my interest in the tomcat.

I would hate to drop a lot of money into one of these only to have it explode.

It looks like a fun idea but not worth the risk for me.

User Tag List