Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Langdon Release Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Crap, I didn't even connect the dots right in front of me and thought this was the 22lr version.

Chris
    I’m not very familiar with these guns so I didn’t know which was which by name until today. When I saw the Tomcat was the .32 ACP one, I went on Lucky Gunner to look at the prices of .32 ACP. No thanks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m not very familiar with these guns so I didn’t know which was which by name until today. When I saw the Tomcat was the .32 ACP one, I went on Lucky Gunner to look at the prices of .32 ACP. No thanks.
    That's exactly what I did. No thanks.

.32 ACP would certainly work the slide better than .22. My Smith .22c was very finicky with the added weight of an optic.

However, if one intends to suppress this, (which why the hell wouldn't you), this will likely mean the addition of a .32 can

Granted, you could use a 9mm, but I do think that would be a bit unwieldy.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 11-27-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Man, I'm glad I've actually shot a Tomcat, so I'm not all tempted by this.

Fun little gun, but folks are gonna be disappointed when they actually start trying to run one.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Crap, I didn't even connect the dots right in front of me and thought this was the 22lr version.

Chris
    How could you? The Bobcat doesn't come with a dot...

--

Pretty sure that the added mass to the slide of the .32 vs. .22 is why the Tomcat got the dot.

You could do a .32ACP can, Thompson Machine makes one. But a 9mm K-sized can makes more sense. Or as Ben G suggested, a pill bottle:

Name:  IMG_1898.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  64.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    awesome.

I have been talking myself into and out of one of these for over a month. My parents have a Bobcat that is fun to shoot… I am thinking with the rebate that it may be worth it to get one.

Site Supporter
    And there was endless wailing and gnashing of teeth from the crowd who is all about guns for HALO jumping and setting up the right RECCE rifle.

Meanwhile, I think that looks like hella fun.

Guessing the Bobcat doesn't have enough meat on the slide?

CT discontinued their laser grip for the Bobcat years ago which was the only sighting system worth a shit for a suppressed Bobcat. Mine is fun to shoot suppressed and as a front yard short range armadillo gun but those worthless nubbins on top of the slide severely limit its usability.

Site Supporter
    I kind of thought it looked like one of these, but I’m still surprised.

Convert it to DAO, if possible, and now we are talking. Depending on how reliable they are. The Kel Tec P32 is actually pretty reliable for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    And there was endless wailing and gnashing of teeth from the crowd who is all about guns for HALO jumping and setting up the right RECCE rifle.
    Same folks who don't get that guys who HALO jump are typically issued that expensive kit and don't buy it from LTT (or anyone else for that matter).

Meanwhile, I think that looks like hella fun.
    You and me both. If for no other reason than sometimes when the aftermarket does something fun with a Beretta, we eventually get a factory response.

For example the "Covert" Bobcat and Tomcat exist as a response to Tornado Technologies creating custom lengthened and threaded barrels.

What I hope is Langdon sells a ton of these. Enough to convince the Italians that people still like 7.65mm Browning. And that they really need a bigger version of a RDO Tomcat...maybe something faster with spots, a Cheetah perhaps?

Now, I also admit to ulterior motives for the desire of a 7.65 80x that is directly related to my desire to ream that biatch out and turn it into a double stack, dot equipped, .32NAA.

User Tag List