7 8.33%
  • 5-10 years

6 7.14%
  • 10+ years

71 84.52%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: longest running pistol you still use

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Gen 2 Glock 19 bought in 1992. It was my EDC until about 10 years ago.
    Samsies. I still have the Gen 2 G19, and switched to an LTT Beretta about 10 years ago, as well.

AS @jh9 mentioned (and linked) I am still shooting my G19 with it's now new barrel and 2nd slide. But the frame houses it's soul.

I see I am among kindred spirits here! Love reading about your guns and their histories. They are a part of us afterall.

My dearly departed wife gifted me the below S&W 640 in 1992. I've either pocket, beltline, or bellyband carried it (NPE) until about 4 years ago when I retired it (semi) for my dive into LCR's. It received it "Werner Set-up" ala early TPI around 2006 (guess).

The below S&W 686 was purchased by me, iirc, in 1985...maybe 86. But it was my first carry gun and still makes it to the range a couple of times a year. I use one of Tony's (JMCK) AIWB for it these days.

I don't tend to purchase many guns, as in I'm not a collector, and while I try and take care of my guns, I shoot them. Hell, that's why I started handloading in '86. (Disclaimer: That doesn't mean I shoot well, but I shoot!)

I did carry a Charter Arms .44 spl Bulldog pug in the late '80's to early '90's with Barami Hip grips and a Tyler T-piece. I shot it to death and have the remains in a ziplock bag in my reloading room. Horrible trigger! It never improved, but it served it's purpose (at least in my mind) at the time. Very NPE because of circumstances then. I may try and revive it at some point, maybe. But nostalgia I guess.

While we're talking guns. I still have my Mossberg 590 I purchased before taking the 260 class back in '95. (I had it Vang Comped in 97. I was fortunate enough to shoot one of my classmate's a few times, but had to save my pennies for the work.) I shoot it several times a year and shot it along with my Shockwave Thanksgiving morning to pattern Fiocchi OOB. ( Thanks @spence ! ) It still runs great.

S&W 640 1992 Village Metalworks Safe Stop ammo. (Thanks Fuzzy).
    Name:  J Frame July 2019.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  29.9 KB

My old 686. I need to take an updated pic...

Name:  S&W 686 1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  77.9 KB
    Last edited by Jamie; 11-25-2023 at 07:02 AM.

I just noticed in that 2013 photo of my 686 I still had a trigger stop making it DOA. I took it off maybe 5-6 years ago.
    There's a story behind that that belongs over a cup of coffee, but was prompted by my shooting bud that was working "dope" back in KC at the time (late '80's).
    I'm a civilian, not LEO. But working ER/ICU forever (RN), well we always had coffee available.
    They took care or us and we took care of them. Reciprocal relationships.

Interesting thread that brought into focus that I’ve completely turned over my primary carry guns to Gen 5 Glocks. I own numerous revolvers I’ve had many years, decades but don’t really pack them.

If it’s just “use” then it’s the K22 and K38 since circa 1968.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Did someone say K38?

Purchased a model 14/K38 in the early/mid 90's. I guess this counts, albeit purchased it used. I still own it.
    Most accurate 38 for bullseye I have ever shot.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    The single oldest firearm I have is an M9 Beretta bought in 2005. I fire it occasionally.

I can’t hold a candle to some of you guys here. Really good stories. I read every one.

Sig P226, P228 and P220 W Germany/Tysons Corner, all bought about the same time 35+ years ago.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    I had to officially answer under 5 years. This time in 2018 is when I really took a dive into being serious about pistolcraft. Spring 2019 is when I bought my first Beretta, and that M9 has on the order of 12-13k down the pipe. I immediately followed it up with a compact that had just shy of 4K when I sold it. The M9 was officially replaced as my EDC in late spring 2020 with the LTT Centurion I carry now. I just crossed 18k down the pipe if it.

Prior to that, I was only an occasional pistol shooter. I guess I really should have answered 10+ years, because I do pack the P32 that was given to me in 2009 in the pocket when I take the kids to school or run across town in sweat pants. I don’t shoot it much, but it is indeed a fun little guy.

I’ve still got my first handgun, gen 3 Glock 22, that I bought while I was home on leave the week I turned 21 in 2006. Somewhere in probably 2020 it had a 9mm barrel dropped in it, as its only real formal use is a demo gun for classes. I don’t know that it even has 1000 rounds through it.

The oldest guns I have in use are 11 year old Glocks, 26.4 and 20.4, and a 14 year old Ruger Mk3.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List