Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do folks loctite their Holosun battery tray screws?

I’m only just getting started with dots but I’m using loctite and witness marks on the tray screws for both my EPS Carry dots. One of them lost its screw before I even shot it - I don’t know if that was because it never had one, I lost it when unboxing it or shipping it off with the slides, the milling shop lost it, or I lost it between getting the slides back and noticing it was gone prior to the first range trip, but it was still gone when I was putting Duracell batteries in as part of range prep.

My plan is spare screws, loctite and witness mark, and being thankful for an identically equipped backup gun.

Site Supporter
    Blue loctite on all screws regardless of gun/optic/support gear.

Nope. Silver Sharpie mark on it.

Yeah, after a friend's lost it and we took about 20 minutes to find it in the leaves and sticks on the ground. Just a little makes it not happen anymore.

I have not loctited my tray screw, but will be replacing the battery soon and anticipate using loctite after reinstalling it. I wonder if the lost screws and trays are happening more after a battery replacement with inadequate or improper torque? 5 inch pounds is an inconvenient spec. Given the choice, I would possibly use a fresh screw following a change.

It annoys me that holosun EU offers replacement trays and screws to European customers for 5 euros each, but the only way to get one here is to call holosun, prove you lost yours and then get a replacement, albeit at no charge. For $10, I would certainly have a couple trays and screws tucked away for myself or a student.

Blue loctite & witness marks.

I use purple Loctite on tiny screws.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I use purple Loctite on tiny screws.
    This is the right answer.

I use blue Locktite, but let it dry before installing the screw. Locktite and polymer can be a bad combo.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Permatex gel is the best blue threadlocker for shooters that no one talks about. This is especially good for things like the Holosun battery tray screw. It has the consistency of a paste and is infinitely easier to use without mess than blue Loctite. You can get it off the shelf at O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  35.6 KB

User Tag List