Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK318 MOD 0 SOST Hunting Review (*Graphic pictures of harvested deer*)

Thank you very much for the informative post. In your experience, how did the tissue disruption of the 75 gr Gold Dot compare with the Mk318 in similar sized deer? Do you recall if there was less permanent disruption of lung tissue or large blood vessels with the 75 gr Gold Dot compared to the Mk318 because it's my understanding that elastic tissue can better withstand temporary cavity stretch so there can be more viable tissue in the temporary cavity (of a non-fragmenting rifle round) whereas fragments from the Mk318's nose portion can enhance damage caused by the temporary cavity due to the fragments from the Mk318 nose portion first weakening elastic tissue in the early part of the wound track?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf76 View Post
    Thank you very much for the informative post. In your experience, how did the tissue disruption of the 75 gr Gold Dot compare with the Mk318 in similar sized deer? Do you recall if there was less permanent disruption of lung tissue or large blood vessels with the 75 gr Gold Dot compared to the Mk318 because it's my understanding that elastic tissue can better withstand temporary cavity stretch so there can be more viable tissue in the temporary cavity (of a non-fragmenting rifle round) whereas fragments from the Mk318's nose portion can enhance damage caused by the temporary cavity due to the fragments from the Mk318 nose portion first weakening elastic tissue in the early part of the wound track?
    I did not get a chance to see the internals of the 75gr Gold Dot deer. It was shot by a friend.

User Tag List