Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which LPVO would you buy?

That’s why I keep saying the Credo HX with hunter holds reticle is the only battery powered offering that is daylight bright. As in none of the other Accupower’s or Credo’s are.

It’s too good of a scope to get lost with the rest of them.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Vip...-PST-1607.aspx

I just bought this one. $499. demo. Seems new in the box.

I liked the specs of the Credo but could not find a reticle I wanted in stock.

Euro Optic has great customer service. No, not affiliated.

Focus Camara ran that Razor sale a few months ago, and based on a phone conversation with their CS, I bet they will again.

Looked hard at the Delta Styker, @ 18.9oz I was intrigued, but the vortex warranty sealed the deal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    @Helthar for the Win! I purchased the Razor, thanks for the discount code. HCM, had to laugh as I saw your post right after I made the purchase, figures, lol. Oh well. Hoping the eye relief they mention in videos and some of the other little features will be nice. I figured as I often do, if I don’t end up getting what I really want, it keeps eating at me until I do, not a good trait. Figured why not make the stretch as everyone mentioned.

Thanks for all the comments, very helpful. (I think, you all just caused me to spend over $1000+) 😄
    The E model Razor’s weight savings is worth it.

So is the gen 2 Viper PST daylight bright or not. I have gen 1 and it isn’t…. I’d like to upgrade to something that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    So is the gen 2 Viper PST daylight bright or not. I have gen 1 and it isn’t…. I’d like to upgrade to something that is.
    Yes, it uses a fiber wire reticle like the Razor. The basic principle is that a fiber optic strand runs behind a more traditional wire reticle and it is exposed in the center, and the led shines into the fiber to make a bright dot. Off the top of my head, scopes that have this technology are as follows:
    Leupold Firedot scopes
    Trijicon Credo HX 1-6
    Delta Stryker 1-6
    Primary Arms SLx Nova 1-6
    Steiner P4Xi 1-4
    Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6
    Vortex Razor Gen II-e 1-6
    There may be others.
    The other way to get a daylight bright reticle illumination is through diffraction grating, which is very expensive and only done through one company. It's only available on scopes in the $2000 and up price tier and is how the Nightforce ATACR and Vortex Razor Gen III LPVOs get daylight bright with an etched reticle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Yes.

The Gen1 is a 1-4 akin to the current Crossfire line.

Gen2 is a budget (original) Razor.

As stated up thread it’s 90% of a standard Razor at 50% the price - including daylight bright illumination and the flat image at 1x.

Looks like another good sale going on for the Vortex Razor at Focus Camera $1000 in case you missed the last one.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/12/vor...#axzz8LdN2tRXI

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Looks like another good sale going on for the Vortex Razor at Focus Camera $1000 in case you missed the last one.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/12/vor...#axzz8LdN2tRXI
    Is there a coupon code you're supposed to use? I clicked the link but Focus Camera has it listed at $1499.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Is there a coupon code you're supposed to use? I clicked the link but Focus Camera has it listed at $1499.
    Says in the add to use discount code FCRZR500. I tried it and it’s still working.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Take a good hard look at the Vortex PST 2 1-6
    https://youtube.com/shorts/5Q16LirJS...rLjyUdE0f4atCn

User Tag List