Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Agencies dropping Stacatto?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Raceguns are cool.

And shooting pretty B8's is cool.

And it is a hell of a lot easier to get a higher bullseye score with a 1911's trigger.

And as obnoxiously huge as the 2011's grip is, it still steers less than a typical Glock grip in a typical person's hand.

Glocks are Toyota Corollas. You ever tried to do donuts in a Corolla?
    Agree with the rest but shooting pretty B8 can be done with a glock. If a glock was 42 oz one could do same splits I imagine too

It's easier to hit what you intend to hit with the Toe than it is with a Glock.

Thus the P320, the Walther duty guns, etc...really, really nice triggers. Probably a little too nice for duty use without a manual safety, but whatevs.

The Glock is a decent tool, but it's one a lot of folks have to fight with to get the results they want. I'm not surprised that people are looking elsewhere.
    IMO, the Glock is mechanically safer for carry than the P320, Series 70, etc., especially when equipped with a SCD, while also requiring more effort to shoot at a high level.

Where, in your experience and opinion, does the Stack-A-Toe stand on the spectrum of shootability and mechanical safety?

It's easier to hit what you intend to hit with the Toe than it is with a Glock.

When you make a mistake with the Toe, the magnitude of that mistake is less than when you make the identical mistake on the Glock.

Accuracy matters with handguns and I can absolutely see the appeal of a handgun that is easier to get the hits with. The Glock is a decent utilitarian piece of gear that works fairly well, but the ergonomics of it suck donkey water. Gaston might be many things, but an ergonomic genius ain't one of them. The Glock is ergonomic in the same way that the 1967-1970 Charger and the C2 Corvette are "aerodynamic".

The mechanical accuracy has most definitely improved in the Gen5 guns, but the grip of the gun still sucks for most hands and people are working around the gun more than having it work with them.

The Glock has been an LE standard for the last 20 years, even if it didn't really work all that well in .40 caliber versions. 15-20 years is about how long it takes for old ideas to become new again, so we're right on time for 1911's to come back hard and heavy because they are a lot easier to shoot. And now with a red dot on top of the slide people have an actual coach explaining to them what they've been doing wrong and it lets them be more accurate even if they aren't always sure exactly why. That further reenforces the desire for guns that are easier to shoot.

Thus the P320, the Walther duty guns, etc...really, really nice triggers. Probably a little too nice for duty use without a manual safety, but whatevs.

Glock has no interest in changing because they're selling every pistol they make at obscene levels of profit. What changes they've made have been minimal and reluctant because "perfection", except they're not, never have been, and never will be. Never buy your own advertising.

So why not just buy a Glock? Because they're harder to work with than they have to be.

Why not buy something like, say, an M&P instead? I did. It's great. I was just helping a buddy get his M&P 2.0 compact sighted in with his new Acro P2 yesterday. Apex trigger, but that's the only modification to the gun. It had no trouble holding X and 10 at 25 yards if you do your part on the trigger. Great guns. Without the Apex trigger in it, it's more difficult to claim those X's. But 10 ring is still easily doable.

When I make mistakes with the M&P, they're significantly closer to my intended point of aim than when I made mistakes with my Glocks. All because the grip actually works with my hands.

The Glock is a decent tool, but it's one a lot of folks have to fight with to get the results they want. I'm not surprised that people are looking elsewhere.
    P365 macro guy but mp9 is best duty sized gun right now imo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Depmur View Post
    Lots of valid points in this conversation so far. I’ve carried a 1911 on duty since 2003, first was a SA TRP and then a Wilson CQB. The past 7 years I’ve carried either a Wilson ULCC or a Nighthawk Talon 2, I change all springs, recoil, mainspring, firing pin and the plunger tube spring annually. The FP and recoil spring might get changed more often depending on use. I purchased a C2 with plans of eventually transitioning to it with a dot once it is vetted, I’m really liking the dot. I might reach out to Stacatto next week and see if they are addressing this drop test and if they have plans for it.
    A better question would be what were the parameters of the Colorado drop test the gun allegedly failed and were the reasonable ?

If you have experience with such things you know those who propose or oppose something (like authorizing 2011) will try to set conditions to get the outcome they want rather than objective data.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Agree with the rest but shooting pretty B8 can be done with a glock. If a glock was 42 oz one could do same splits I imagine too
    To date, my highest score on the 200-Drill is with the G19M. That Marksman barrel is legit.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Just asking if anyone has heard terminal ballistic concerns expressed.
    Yes - the barrel twist won’t let Hollow points expand nonsense-. it’s unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes - the barrel twist won’t let Hollow points expand nonsense-. it’s unfounded.
    That's what I wanted to follow up on. Thank you.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Oh, you can most definitely do it. I've done it myself.

But it's harder to do it.

It takes more concentration and deliberate effort. Things that are in short supply when external stressors are a factor. There's lots of appeal to a pistol that penalizes you less for lapses in technique.
    3/15/2016

Oh, you can most definitely do it. I've done it myself.

But it's harder to do it.

It takes more concentration and deliberate effort. Things that are in short supply when external stressors are a factor. There's lots of appeal to a pistol that penalizes you less for lapses in technique.
    That is a true assessment but life has more no shoot than shoot situations imo

"Yes - the barrel twist won’t let Hollow points expand nonsense-. it’s unfounded."
    Correct. Think about this carefully.....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List