Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Agencies dropping Stacatto?

Quote Originally Posted by Citius View Post
    I was interested in your comments in that i thought the Staccato mags were actually taken out of in-house production and are now made by Checkmate while the STI mags were hobbled together in a room behind the STI factory?
    You are correct, I got it backwards. At the end of my VIP ownership (both aluminum frames) I got a pair of the new magazines, still branded STI, and they worked great, zero tuning required.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Ontario, CA via Instagram

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ontario, CA via Instagram
    That's the big purchase that STI talked about. People assumed it was the Ps and boom!

40oz dry weight compensated XCs at $4300 retail. Anybody knows how much are these with LE discount, and how much is the bulk discount? Does this win "most expensive handgun ever bought by LE department" prize?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That's the big purchase that STI talked about. People assumed it was the Ps and boom!

40oz dry weight compensated XCs at $4300 retail. Anybody knows how much are these with LE discount, and how much is the bulk discount? Does this win "most expensive handgun ever bought by LE department" prize?
    I am curious too, holy cow I’d love to have that as a duty gun.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Thats just silly. I'd rather have 3 Glocks, a box of magazines and a couple cases of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Thats just silly. I'd rather have 3 Glocks, a box of magazines and a couple cases of ammo.
    Awe c'mon! You'd love helping to wrench on 1800 or so 2011's and keep their magazines tuned. You'd prolly go back back on the clock just to help!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Awe c'mon! You'd love helping to wrench on 1800 or so 2011's and keep their magazines tuned. You'd prolly go back back on the clock just to help!
    Nah. Never was fond of gun wrenching. I had guys just for that.
    Now if they ever went to a 960 Retiree position for FI slots at the range, hell I'd do that for free just to get the range time and ammo.

A handful of our SWAT guys fell under the Staccato spell. They had the only 9mm pistols in a .40 department (brand new P226 Legion LE models), but 6 months in they got the urge to wander again. First Glock, then CZ P10Fs, then Staccato was THE gun they needed to do the job. Did a big group buy of Staccato P Duos, and those chuckleheads then only shot the Staccatos at their trainings....which weren't authorized for duty. Strangely lost on them was that their head FI routinely shot the pants off of all of them with his Department 226. As in completely embarrassed them. Was always funny to watch.

Site Supporter
    I have no doubt the Staccato is a great weapon and the company is supportive of law enforcement. That said, and I risk heresy here, I;m not sure the weapon's performance is likely to increase the odds of police or armed citizens (or armed dope dealers, for that matter) prevailing in a firefight more than if they were armed with a Glock, S&W, or other more common service weapons.

I do understand the argument that some people drive towards excellence in their shooting performance and that a Staccato may enhance performance in training and possibly competition. Indeed, if I still had a real job and the agency authorized the Staccato, I might well be beguiled by the romance of the weapon. That said, I suspect I could equally protect myself with a Glock or Smith or my old 226.

I will remark that, unless your duty pistol is seriously deficient in magazine capacity or performance, it's foolish to carry one pistol on patrol and another completely different pistol for SWAT training and callouts.

AMC, give your lead firearms instructor my congratulations on his performance with his 226.

Site Supporter
    The last time I looked (around 2021 or so) the gun was about 3800 for individual officer purchase. It came with 3 mags. I don't know what kind of discount they give if the agency buys a bunch but I doubt its less than 3k...

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    The last time I looked (around 2021 or so) the gun was about 3800 for individual officer purchase. It came with 3 mags. I don't know what kind of discount they give if the agency buys a bunch but I doubt its less than 3k...
    Thanks. So maybe not quite one million USD for guns for 300 officers. Although, when factoring those new Trijicons and SF lights, maybe it is over one mil.
    Makes me feel cheap for wanting to sell my Atlas because I can't quantifiably outperform my CZ.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List