Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Agencies dropping Stacatto?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    FWIW I know several officers around the area here locally carrying Staccatos. They are also firearms guys, and FWIW have had zero issues with theirs.
    Locally, Staccatos seem to have been bought mostly by the carriage trade and/or people willing to spend the money to keep up with same; they tend to be "firearms guys" as well, which is fortuitous. More power to 'em. Time will tell how committed they will be to the platform when the next upscale hotness comes along.

I do think the CS is a nifty little package, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't where I would need it to be for concealed carry even were I inclined to go back to cocked and locked. I scratch my 1911 itch with a big old range toy that I can enjoy... depending on the genre for social work and/or fussing over function would harsh this old man's buzz.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Locally, Staccatos seem to have been bought mostly by the carriage trade and/or people willing to spend the money to keep up with same; they tend to be "firearms guys" as well, which is fortuitous. More power to 'em. Time will tell how committed they will be to the platform when the next upscale hotness comes along.

I do think the CS is a nifty little package, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't where I would need it to be for concealed carry even were I inclined to go back to cocked and locked. I scratch my 1911 itch with a big old range toy that I can enjoy... depending on the genre for social work and/or fussing over function would harsh this old man's buzz.
    There’s no fussing over function. They work out of the box, just put oil on them and go. We’ve had zero issues with 40 guns issued to a wide array of skill levels.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post

As stated staccato’s work out of the box as long as you understand, it’s not a Glock.

what I mean by that is you’ve got to keep these things lubed and use decent quality ammo.

You don’t have to keep them spotless, but you do need to keep them wet.

I’ve had good luck with both the G2 and G3 magazines.

I've continued to shoot my C2 and have no issues with it. My agency will allow it as a duty pistol but we haven't qualified since I purchased it and will continue to shoot it. With the exception of the USMS discussion late last year that started this post I haven't heard of other issues.

User Tag List