Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JFK Assasination: 60 Years Ago, Today

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Here is a different perspective on the JFK assassination from a very qualified individual.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/05/jfk-as...still-bulls-t/

Arlen Specter was . . . an interesting character. The last time he ran for re-election as a Republican (he was originally a Democrat, switched parties, and then switched back later), I voted for the Constitution Party candidate, one of the very, very few times I have voted against a Republican.
    Well Wecht was the lone dissenter among the forensic experts on the HSCA, and other well respected forensic pathologists who worked on the HSCA, like Michael Baden, disagree with Wecht.

Once again I am reminded of a joke about this topic:

At a convention of "researchers" discussing the various conspiracy theories about the Kennedy assassination, there is a heated argument, and it appears it may turn violent. Suddenly the convention room is filled with a bright light, and Jesus Christ appears. He addresses the mob saying, "I am the Lord, the Son of God, and my Father has sent me here to stop this pointless bickering, by revealing to you now, the truth of that day . . ." Jesus is then interrupted by one of the mob who yells to the others, "dont listen to him, he wasnt even at Dealey plaza on November 22nd!"

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I caught part of a Cincinnati talk radio program this afternoon. The guest I think had written a book about it. I’m pretty sure he said Oswald took a shot at a general sometime before the JFK assasination. First I’d heard about that
    7 months prior the the JFK assassination, Oswald took a 40 yard shot at a sitting General Edwin Walker doing taxes at his desk in his study. The shot missed so badly it hit the window sill and was deflected harmlessly into the wall.

Walker was a hard right political figure who hated the liberal Kennedy, but both were antagonistic towards Cuba and Cuba was dear to Oswald:

Prior to the attempt on Walker Oswald's wife photographed him holding the rifle and he left her detailed instructions on what to do if he didn't come home. Prior to the Kennedy assassination he left his wife his wedding ring. His wife was convinced Oswald was guilty and even believed he had planned to kill Nixon too (which sparked disbelief since Nixon's career was seen as over after having lost the presidential election in 1960 and California gubernatorial election in 1962)
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-23-2023 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    A conspiracy would, of course, do the job nicely.
    Do a deep dive into anything and you'll find random bizarre stuff. Pair random bizarre stuff with a tragedy and you have the makings of a compelling conspiracy.

Enter Umbrella Man:

"I think if the Guinness Book of World Records had a category for people who were at the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing, I would be No. 1 in that position, without even a close runner-up." - Louie Steven Witt (umbrella man)
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-23-2023 at 03:35 AM.

I think Rich Davis set this up as one of the events at Second Chance one year. He had a copy of the rifle, an elevated shooting platform and a moving target if I remember correctly. I think very few people could hit the target. I don't think I was there that year and I read about it somewhere. Maybe @Mas remembers.

@BN is right. I was there for it at Second Chance. Richard Davis had duplicated 6.5mm Carcano carbines with crappy scopes.

IIRC, at that time they still believed "Six Seconds In Dallas" before subsequent analysis of the Zaparuder film indicated 8.3 seconds between first shot and third.

Most of us were right-handed, shooting from the right shoulder, and virtually none of us made six seconds. One who did was champion rifleman Jeff Chudwin, a southpaw, shooting from his left shoulder with right hand working the bolt and fore-end braced. (A depression on one of the book boxes in that 6th floor book depository window matched the fore-end of the Carcano.)

The late Paul Vallandigham, a tracking expert, reviewed every video of Oswald in life that could be found, and said that without question Lee Oswald was left eye dominant. Oswald's mother testified before the congressional committee to the effect of "It couldn't have been my son, they say that rifle is built for right handed men and my son always shot a rifle or shotgun from his left shoulder."

Trying it later myself with a 6.5 Carcano I found it easy to work the bolt rapidly with gun at left shoulder, fore-end braced, and right hand running the bolt. There was time to aim between shots. The Presidential limo would have been going straight away from the sniper's vantage point, virtually no lead required. Lots of people here on P-F could have easily made those shots with a handgun, let alone a rifle.

It has been theorized that after missing the shot at the general earlier, Oswald had given up on the poor quality scope and aimed with the iron sights on 11/22/63. He was, after all, a former Marine rifleman trained and qualified with iron sighted rifles, albeit aperture instead of open sights.

Well, I guess I solved the little matter of the Kennedy assassination not getting any air time...

(I remember that Mrs. Hamburg, my 6th grade teacher, had all of us in class come out to the hallway where "Joe", the janitor, gave us the news and then we were sent home.)

I got in trouble that afternoon with my mother when I went out to play stickball and she said I had no business doing so that day. I said, "Mom, I'm 11, what am I supposed to do about it?"

And that's when she knew I was a lost cause.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One of my detectives told me about Mike Rowes podcast interview with Clint Hill. Said it was pretty good so I started listening to it. anyone read his book? 5 days in November?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I wasn't born until 1969.

Here is a cool story, though. Starts about 2 minutes in.

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List