Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JFK Assasination: 60 Years Ago, Today

JFK Assasination: 60 Years Ago, Today

Surprised there has been no mention of it on the news or anywhere that I've seen.

Guess it's not a big deal anymore.

Those of us of a certain age will never forget where we were.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I haven't seen as much coverage of it as there was say 20 years ago. However, I've seen several articles in the last few weeks, and it's all the crackpot conspiracy theory nonsense, including an article that referred to as an "unsolved homicide."

Anyone who as actually teken the time to research the evidence, objectively, knows Oswald did it. Those that come to other conclusions are going through mental gymnastics to make the evidence fit their agenda.

I got so sick of hearing about it in the mid 70s when the Conspiracy Industry took wing that I literally memory holed it for decades. It wasn't until the interwebs that I became aware of how frantic some believers are.By adding all the conspiracies together my estimation is the only two people who weren't in on it were JFK and Oswald.

Back, and to the left..
    Back, and to the left.......

For some reason that line from that movie always sticks with me.

Nat Geo did a special the other day. Don't know why they didn't wait until today to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I got so sick of hearing about it in the mid 70s when the Conspiracy Industry took wing that I literally memory holed it for decades. It wasn't until the interwebs that I became aware of how frantic some believers are.By adding all the conspiracies together my estimation is the only two people who weren't in on it were JFK and Oswald.
    A feller could have gotten rich iffin they had set up a hot dog stand behind the grassy knoll.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There was a mention on ABC's World News Tonight.

I was a kid, my family lived near Annapolis at the time. My parents were watching the coverage of the funeral, I went outside to play. I saw a very large formation of jet fighters pass overhead.

When he was shot, they ended the teaching for the school day. The radio coverage was played over the PA system. We just sat there and listened to it until the school day ended.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Oswald could not have done it, I mean everybody knows the only way you could commit a serious crime is with an assault rifle!

There was an interesting panel discussion on the event and the conspiracy industry it spawned, put on by the "Mob Museum" which is a thing I never knew existed before a friend pointed the panel out to me.

I had never heard of the book several panelists recommended to understand who Oswald actually was. Just a violent complete loser asshole who wanted to be important and took his chance at fame and being important.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

"Those that desperately want to believe President Kennedy was victim of a conspiracy have my sympathy. I share their yearning. To employ what may seem an odd metaphor, there is anesthetic principle here. If you put six million dead Jews on one side of a scale and on the other side put the Nazi regime - the greatest gang of criminals to ever seize control of a modern state - you have a rough balance: greatest crime, greatest criminals.

But if you put the murdered President of the United States on one side of a scale and that wretched waif Oswald on the other side, it doesn't balance. You want to add something weightier to Oswald. It would invest the President's death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something.

A conspiracy would, of course, do the job nicely. Unfortunately, there is no evidence whatever that there was one."
    - Historian William Manchester

Dr. Lattimer's book, Kennedy and Lincoln: Medical & Ballistic Comparison of their Assassinations is probably the best book about JFK's assassination.

https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Kenne.../dp/0151522812

User Tag List