Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Two dead in 'attempted terror attack' on Rainbow Bridge in New York

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Seeing this photo made my day!
    Then check out this video

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Occupant survival would have provided Bentley with advertising gold.
    The Bentley board room watches the video on X...

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I can’t overstate how poorly Massholes drive. Unpossible.
    "Masshole driver" is a term that is understood everywhere north of the Potomac River, east of the OH-PA line and south of the St. Lawrence River.

They drive five under the limit in the left lane or twenty over in the right lane. Massholes treat traffic control signs as being mere suggestions. There is a hotel, not far from here, with a "No left turn" sign at the exit to its lot. Whenever I see some clown turn left there, the vehicle has MA plates, guaranteed. In the Northeast, only Jersey drivers approach Massholes for being morons who were apparently drunk through driver's ed. I don't know why they even bother keeping the RMV open in MA, unless it's to provide the syphilitic cousins of state pols with jobs. They might as well give out drivers' licenses for proof-of-purchases from twelve-packs of beer.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

And they tawk funny too.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    How much do you want to bet that Fox News (or whoever) got "insider tips" from officers who didn't actually know what was going on, and then didn't bother to verify?

It doesn't hurt that scaremongering is a pretty reliable way to make money for news agencies.
    Ratcheting up the level of fear without verifiable cause solely to turn a buck is doing a monumental disservice to the country. I'd bet heavily that a significant percentage of those watching cable news yesterday came away with the belief that what happened was an act of terrorism and still believe that.

Things are nuts enough now without making people crazier for fun and profit.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Ratcheting up the level of fear without verifiable cause solely to turn a buck is doing a monumental disservice to the country. I'd bet heavily that a significant percentage of those watching cable news yesterday came away with the belief that what happened was an act of terrorism and still believe that.

It's worse than that- those people will also refuse to believe that it was not a terrorist act, and that any news to the contrary is some sort of nefarious coverup.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    DFW looks at Houston and says "Hold my beer".
    Texas has a spectrum of bad driving. Dallas is Mad Max. San Antonio isn't even Mad Max, because Mad Max has logic to it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Dallas is a bunch of people who aren't sure where they are going and a bunch of people who know exactly where they are going and want to beat their personal best time for getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Texas has a spectrum of bad driving. Dallas is Mad Max. San Antonio isn't even Mad Max, because Mad Max has logic to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Dallas is a bunch of people who aren't sure where they are going and a bunch of people who know exactly where they are going and want to beat their personal best time for getting there.
    It's been quite some times since I've driven in Texas. When I did it was always in Small Town Country in the eastern part of the state.

Driving around that part of the state was quite nice. Most people would actually pull over onto the shoulder to let you pass them. It was rare to actually need to use the left lane at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

He gets a bad rap but as William Randolph Hearst is alleged to have said:

'We got the bubble headed bleached blonde, comes on at five, she can tell you 'bout the car crash with a gleam in her eye'...

Name:  Journal98.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  100.3 KB

Murdoch can still redeem himself though. Endow a prize or two and it's Pullitzer 2.0, baby...

Name:  img.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  83.7 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List