Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Two dead in 'attempted terror attack' on Rainbow Bridge in New York

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    My current mission in life is to bring the West Virginia backroads driving (and walking) wave to Northeastern Nevada, where it already had a head start. I think I might be succeeding in my neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Ive initiated it in the midwest, the farmer types out of town respond. They seem slightly surprised but respond.
    Yup, IN country kid, always have, always will. We used to wave to cops, too, but that's pretty much reserved for the local LEO in my little town now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    We had a 1990 (IIRC) wagon 4x4 (high/low range) with a 6spd standard (L, 2-5, OD). It had it all and went anywhere.

The wave still happens in the western part of the county, which is mainly ranches. However, the big city is eating up territory fast.

It's still a thing where I live.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    If it is raining I'd award Los Angeles drivers the title worst in the nation.
    My brother would agree wholeheartedly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's still a thing where I live.
    Same here.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Yup, IN country kid, always have, always will. We used to wave to cops, too, but that's pretty much reserved for the local LEO in my little town now.
    I tried it in Silicon Valley. I went on a walk in a nice park in Sunnyvale. Nobody would even make eye contact. After I noticed it I started counting. I passed 28 people and only 1 made eye contact.

I tried it in Silicon Valley. I went on a walk in a nice park in Sunnyvale. Nobody would even make eye contact. After I noticed it I started counting. I passed 28 people and only 1 made eye contact.
    Given the area, people probably avoided eye contact because otherwise they open themselves up to hearing about:

• someone's startup, which is TOTALLY going to disrupt the $XYZ industry bro
    • someone rambling about the space lizard army and demanding a dollar
    • someone's soundcloud
    • someone who's running a good old fashioned con - I just need gas money and hey I've got free candy in the van
    • someone's new cryptocoin that's goi... NO WAIT BRO COME BACK THIS IS A GROUND FLOOR OPPORTUNITY

Had a security gig that took me to Sacramento for 6mos, people walking their dogs passing you while walking your dogs look at you like you're fekkin' nuts for calling out a greeting. Hold the door open for someone at a restaurant and they're act like it's either magic or that, ya know, obvi, they deserve it.

Gawd, but I loved leaving the PRK..I can't fathom anything that would make me go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Had a security gig that took me to Sacramento for 6mos, people walking their dogs passing you while walking your dogs look at you like you're fekkin' nuts for calling out a greeting. Hold the door open for someone at a restaurant and they're act like it's either magic or that, ya know, obvi, they deserve it.
    My aunt spent most of her working life in either San Diego or Sacramento. When she first retired and moved to the rural northstate, she complained about how nosy everyone was. "Why does everyone want to know how my day is going?! I just want to buy my groceries in peace!!!" Now she's the one holding up the line asking about the cashier's kids' school play...

When she still lived in Sacramento I remember visiting her as a teenager and going out to some bland old person buffet. On the way back to our car, we see an elderly couple standing next to a flat tire. We asked if they needed a hand and they looked at us like we were from Mars. The frail husband said AAA was coming, but the wife was quick to add "they're busy and will be at least an hour..." So we offer to put on their spare. They were shocked complete strangers would offer to help with such a trivial task and downright flabbergasted when my sister started jacking the car (as I undid the lugnuts). "Where are you from?!" they wanted to know. "How did you know were aren't from here?" I thought at the time...

I’m gonna go ahead and guess where old Dan Kios stands on gun control too…

https://slate.com/business/2023/11/b...d-villani.html

It does make you wonder, though: Why on earth would someone want to own a car—one meant to be driven on regular old roads in, for example, upstate New York, where its driver operated a small local chain of hardware stores—that can go a reported 175 miles per hour? That’s 110 miles per hour faster than the highest posted speed limit in the state of New York. It’s about 107 miles per hour faster than the highest posted speed limit in Ontario, where the driver hoped to attend a KISS concert. Heck, that’s 90 miles per hour faster than the highest posted speed limit in all of America (on state Highway 130 outside Austin, Texas).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List