Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Two dead in 'attempted terror attack' on Rainbow Bridge in New York

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    One thing was clear: Fox News rots people's brains.
    A lot's going on here. To wit:

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    We were on alert as soon as it happened… checked every car that came in. We are about a month out from that Lewiston shooting, so we didn’t wait for people to order us to do X, Y or Z. A lot of officers were texting that it was really bad… but just people who weren’t there, thinking they knew what it was.
    How much do you want to bet that Fox News (or whoever) got "insider tips" from officers who didn't actually know what was going on, and then didn't bother to verify?

It doesn't hurt that scaremongering is a pretty reliable way to make money for news agencies.

Best source of info was that “guide” Ricky. We were watching him talk, all said to hire him as CBP’s PR guy. [emoji1787]

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    That thought is at the forefront of my mind every time I merge onto Highway 183 or "The Mopac" and the person in front of me is doing 40mph while someone, somewhere behind me is doing 80mph.
    My drive 5-6 days a week for almost 13 years has been 183-30-Loop 12. The inability/unwillingness to follow and the willful ignorance of basic rules of the road and common courtesy is simply staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Houston and Southern Florida have both struck me as places where people drive in a needlessly reckless manner unlike anywhere else I've been. Sure, there's crazy traffic and bad drivers everywhere...but with those two places, there was sort of this mindless obstinance about the drivers and their need to drive with entirely nonsensical behaviors. Almost like rats drawn to the Piper.
    DFW looks at Houston and says "Hold my beer".
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    There were around 85,000 chargers made in 1969 (20,000+ of which were RT chargers). Around 300 cars - about 2 per episode - were destroyed during filming, but the stunt crews used any 1968-1971 Dodge Charger or AMC Ambassador they could get cheaply and made them all look like one 1969 Charger RT.

If you look closely for scraped chins or buckled rear 1/4 panels you'll notice they often reused lightly damaged cars on the biggest jumps without fixing all the body work. The 1/4 panel buckling was because they had to stick ballast in the trunk to make the cars stay level in the air:
    Attachment 111726

69 Ambassador:

69 Charger RT:
    Talk about a show that could never be made anymore!

Strange turn of events as I was surfing various websites including P-F this morning...

After some time on other websites, I clicked back to the tab in my browser that was open to the P-F main page scrolled down to General Discussion and the thread displayed at the right was "Two dead in 'attempted terror attack' on Rainbow Bridge in New York".

Rather than click directly on this thread for an update, I clicked "General Discussion". The resulting thread at the top was "Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)".

For a split-second, I was puzzled and thought that the mods had moved this to the 'cooking' thread since what was thought to be an act of terror was found to actually be a Car-B-Que.

Too much or too little coffee?

-Rainman

Occupant survival would have provided Bentley with advertising gold.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sure, there's crazy traffic and bad drivers everywhere...but with those two places, there was sort of this mindless obstinance about the drivers and their need to drive with entirely nonsensical behaviors
    I've heard Philly is up there, as is supposedly the entire state of Massachusetts. Like you say there's crazy traffic and bad drivers everywhere but some places just dial it up to 11 then rip off the knob. And everybody just treats it as the way it is because it's the way it's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    DFW looks at Houston and says "Hold my beer".
    It wouldn't surprise me if that were an Iron Bowl style rivalry they just don't tell the rest of us about.

That thought is at the forefront of my mind every time I merge onto Highway 183 or "The Mopac" and the person in front of me is doing 40mph while someone, somewhere behind me is doing 80mph.
    I’ve always been situationally dialed in while driving, but I’ve really had to up my game since moving here. People are insane, which in part led me to selling the Miata. I want iron around me, or a Phalanx gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've heard Philly is up there, as is supposedly the entire state of Massachusetts. Like you say there's crazy traffic and bad drivers everywhere but some places just dial it up to 11 then rip off the knob. And everybody just treats it as the way it is because it's the way it's always been.
    I can’t overstate how poorly Massholes drive. Unpossible.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List