Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm making the SCD/Holstering Safety for the CZ P-10; Ask me your questions!

Quote Originally Posted by benmac View Post
    I do have an extra that I'm willing to spare, especially if you're going to put a lot of rounds on it!
    Sending one to @JCN would be a wise step. He’ll test the hell out of it, and tell you if you might need to dremel a bit here or there (sorta kidding, sorta not). Most importantly, we would trust his evaluation, and P-F is probably the most pro-SCD demographic in the country.

I don’t know if there’s much of a market, but once the gadget for the P10 has been perfected, I’ve read that the FN 509 is similar to Glocks and the P10 in not being fully tensioned.

Site Supporter
    I might or might not have a a p-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Sending one to @JCN would be a wise step. He’ll test the hell out of it, and tell you if you might need to dremel a bit here or there (sorta kidding, sorta not). Most importantly, we would trust his evaluation, and P-F is probably the most pro-SCD demographic in the country.

I don’t know if there’s much of a market, but once the gadget for the P10 has been perfected, I’ve read that the FN 509 is similar to Glocks and the P10 in not being fully tensioned.
    I appreciate the input, and I am really glad to see how many people are "pro-scd" on here. It's surprising how much convincing some people need before they see the benefit. Fortunately, I plan on doing a lot more marketing/ social media/ videos on the product than Tau did, which should help the fact that it's for a less popular pistol. I also feel like there is a higher proportion of CZ P-10 owners who would modify their pistol vs glock owners.

I agree with the statement about 509, and It's prolly going to be the next I tackle!

I do have an extra that I'm willing to spare, especially if you're going to put a lot of rounds on it!
    Question for you: is there a specific model of P10 that this will or won't work with?

I'm new to P10s, but I have 100k+ rounds on other CZs.

P10s are so cheap that I'd have no problem picking one up to play with.

I've had SCDs on Glocks before and I'm a fan. I also modified one to fit an MR920.

Would be happy to test one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Question for you: is there a specific model of P10 that this will or won't work with?

I'm new to P10s, but I have 100k+ rounds on other CZs.

P10s are so cheap that I'd have no problem picking one up to play with.

I've had SCDs on Glocks before and I'm a fan. I also modified one to fit an MR920.

Would be happy to test one for you.
    The only one it won't work with is the P-10 M. The rest it should fit flawlessly.

I am thinking of making one specifically for the MR920 at some point too, I believe I read your post about that modification.

That would be really great!

Site Supporter
    I appreciate the input, and I am really glad to see how many people are "pro-scd" on here. It's surprising how much convincing some people need before they see the benefit. Fortunately, I plan on doing a lot more marketing/ social media/ videos on the product than Tau did, which should help the fact that it's for a less popular pistol. I also feel like there is a higher proportion of CZ P-10 owners who would modify their pistol vs glock owners.

I agree with the statement about 509, and It's prolly going to be the next I tackle!
    Pistol Forum is where the SCD was born! You'll not find a more pro-SCD place on the net.

The only one it won't work with is the P-10 M. The rest it should fit flawlessly.

I am thinking of making one specifically for the MR920 at some point too, I believe I read your post about that modification.

That would be really great!
    Okay, I’ll order a P10S and see if I can make it work in IDPA BUG.

I'm making the SCD/Holstering Safety for the CZ P-10; Ask me your questions!

@benmac,

See this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My understanding is that there are two generations of TauDevGroup SCDs, differing in the thickness of the "flange" that fits into the slot and the depth of the recess for the striker spacer sleeve.

Original (pre 2019): 0.092" +/- 0.002"
    Newer (2019+): 0.097" +/- 0.002" with a deeper circular recess

It is possible for the original generation of SCDs to slip down under recoil--especially with tolerance stacking due to a larger slide slot. If a Glock & SCD are used for life-safety purposes, I would measure the flange, and replace any thin SCDs with the LTT units.

Attachment 86725Attachment 86727
    Even with a very loose fitting gadget, the occurrence was rare, unless using +P+ ammo or a 10mm with full power loads.

I'd also recommend simulating wear/damage of the striker spacer where it holds your device.

Happy to discuss further.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It’s not a review, just an exposition, but here’s a first look at the CZ P10 Holstering Safety from The Humble Marksman.

@benmac - did you end up sending one to @JCN for T&E? Also, am I correct that they are not yet available for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    It’s not a review, just an exposition, but here’s a first look at the CZ P10 Holstering Safety from The Humble Marksman.

@benmac - did you end up sending one to @JCN for T&E? Also, am I correct that they are not yet available for sale?
    Thanks for putting that on here! It's not currently shipping, but I am currently accepting pre-orders. The T&E part will be going out to JCN hopefully tomorrow! I needed to keep it for photos until the other day!

User Tag List