Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Nobody wants a 40 anymore

I will put a flag on the hill that versatility and range in the recoil and "power" of a pistol is of value, and a world where both 10mm and .40 can play.

Getting to that .400" bullet diameter gets jacketed bullets of 135 - 200+ gr, and there's loading out there in all these weights to get supers or subs.

I'll never end up doing it, but I have wondered how nice-shooting of a gun could be had with .400 Cor-bon in something like a USP or M&P that started life as a factory .45.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I’ll admit to formerly having an unnatural desire for a Springfield EMP 4” bobtail in .40… luckily it passed. My 27.5 does everything I need in a .40.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    If we are putting it all out there: Worst gun trade ever: I wanted a buddies Beretta 96 Centurion. (I think it was a Centurion). Traded a CMP M1 Garand.............Yes I did........

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If we are putting it all out there: Worst gun trade ever: I wanted a buddies Beretta 96 Centurion. (I think it was a Centurion). Traded a CMP M1 Garand.............Yes I did........
    I freaking adore the 92/96, and even I know that was a bad trade (on your end lol). Big oof!

I used to shoot a lot of 40. I sold off all my 40 guns and ammo unfortunately. Last week I picked up a beater Glock 23. I forgot how much I liked shooting 40. Thinking about another one now.

Vending Machine Operator
    Bro. Thank you for making me feel better about selling my like-new stainless USP40 for like $500-600.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I think the used police .40 market is selling a lot of guns. .40 ammo at a couple of on-line retailers is going in and out of stock faster than it has in a long time. Target sports keeps selling out of Federal .40 in 180 and 165 grain. Trade in police ammo in .40 is also selling out of places that list it.

I think the used police .40 market is selling a lot of guns. .40 ammo at a couple of on-line retailers is going in and out of stock faster than it has in a long time. Target sports keeps selling out of Federal .40 in 180 and 165 grain. Trade in police ammo in .40 is also selling out of places that list it.
    It's cheap and the economy sucks right now. If you want a handgun for a reasonable price, an LEO trade-in chambered in .40 seems like an inexpensive way to get a quality pistol. That's my guess. Add in an election year next year, and I'd bet we're starting to see the beginning of another rush on ammo and supplies, but hopefully I'm wrong. Getting real tired of the market being turned on its head every four years (not to mention how sick I still am of political ads and such from the last election).

Not a .40 but S&W 6906

This one is pulling at my heart. Used to have one.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/299214

User Tag List