Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody wants a 40 anymore

Glock 22.5 is one of my favorite pistols.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

.40 seems a lot more platform dependent than 9mm or even .45.

The Glock 19 may be the standard for a duty/defensive pistol but the Glock 23 is a miserable shooting experience, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    .40 seems a lot more platform dependent than 9mm or even .45.

The Glock 19 may be the standard for a duty/defensive pistol but the Glock 23 is a miserable shooting experience, IMO.
    Have you tried a Gen5 Glock .40? Totally different than their predecessors.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    How were the first gen ones?
    I have an early 1st Gen. The striker had to be replaced early on and I did have some lockback issues with the magazines. At one time I had access to bucket loads of free, once fired 40 brass and could load it for $80/k. I moved to the P30 and the M&P has been sitting in the safe ever since.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    $3 trigger return spring fixes that part......
    It looks like the light LEM trigger rebound spring is "out of stock" at most if not all the usual sources of HK parts. They must have heard me coming. Thankfully I'm a confirmed LEM nerd and already have a few H&K springs in my coffee can.

Thanks for the heads-up as the OP on the P2000 sale!
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    It looks like the light LEM trigger rebound spring is "out of stock" at most if not all the usual sources of HK parts. They must have heard me coming. Thankfully I'm a confirmed LEM nerd and already have a few H&K springs in my coffee can.

Thanks for the heads-up as the OP on the P2000 sale!
    Of note from TooSixy, the "light" TRS (209266) is actually a little heavier than (214164). A v2 P2000/Sk comes with the squared off "heavy"(219441)
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Of note from TooSixy, the "light" TRS (209266) is actually a little heavier than (214164). A v2 P2000/Sk comes with the squared off "heavy"(219441)
    Thanks for the info. I think I may already have a part# 214164 in my collection of HK parts that originally came out of a HK45c. Half the fun of H&K is switching the parts and springs around between models.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Have you tried a Gen5 Glock .40? Totally different than their predecessors.
    I have - it’s a real improvement over the prior Gen .40 Glocks but it’s still meh compared to a G19.

I sent my 23.5 MOS down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    https://mailchi.mp/aimsurplus/were-s...s?e=fd3430f3a6

Aim with a nice deal on a 226 .40, .40 180 FMJ, magazines, and 180 grain Ranger...
    It's a good thing my fun budget is gone/tied up for the rest of the year...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I’m personally not a fan of the lighter LEMs - all mine have the heavy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List