Thread: Used ANACONDA 4.25" Thoughts ?

Used ANACONDA 4.25" Thoughts ?

Used ANACONDA 4.25" Thoughts ?

Local shop has a used ANACONDA 4.25" for $1299, new is $1499. Gun looks perfect.

I am impressed with the work. I really do not need another .44 Mag but it speaks to me.

Site Supporter
    Since it's used, the dealer paid considerably below dealer cost. He has room to deal. Ask if you can get an out the door price which, of course, must be less than the price on the sticker. If not, pass on the gun. But, if you decide to buy it, I suggest that you check these points:

On some of these the hand will protrude slightly and hit the cylinder when closing closing it.

Twirl the cylinder while its position half way into the frame. It should not drag on the rear of barrel. Look for marks on front of cylinder.

Examine firing pin bushing in frame. Does it fit squarely? Push on hammer to protrude firing pin. Does it retract smoothly.

Eyeball the muzzle. Crown without dents? Tool marks at end of bore?

Any drag marks on side of hammer?

Operate cylinder latch which should move back and forth freely.

Front and rear sights. Canted? Does rear adjust freely? Canted front sight can mean that barrel is screwed into frame past center or not far enough. Or it can be bent.....

Just for reference Arms Unlimited has them NIB for $1299.00 .

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Sooo trying to not touch myself right now.

But currently I don't have thirteen bills to flush on a fantasy...

Good luck to you!

pat

User Tag List