Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX22 1st time out, FTE w/ Federal Automatch 40gr

Quote Originally Posted by tmanwell View Post
    Thank you. I'll do that. Yes, FTE....failure to eject. Pistol would fire the round, but then not kick it out, or would kick it halfway out. Regardless, would have to stop ....safely clear the malfunction...try again, etc. Sometimes failure would happen on very next round, sometimes would work for 2 or 3 shots, then FTE again. Time to go to the store and pick up a few boxes of CCI.
    The stoppage description is consistent with the slide travel being retarded in some manner. That could be insufficient recoil impulse or the shooter interfering with the slide. Since the same shooter had no issues with slightly hotter ammo, Occam's Razor suggests insufficient recoil impulse. Hotter ammo until the pistol is nice and smooth is what is needed. I would avoid "hyper-velocity" ammo and stick with 38-grain or 40-grain copper washed high velocity ammo.

A brick of Aguila 40-grain HV is a very economical load. It is made in the old Remington plant in Mexico now run by Tecnos Industrias. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agui...-p-110823.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    uhhhh rimfires be like that sometimes?
    Yes, yes they is sometimes...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I had a lot of issues with a slow slide on my M&P .22 when I first got it, probably 10-plus years ago. I actually contacted Smith and they were going to send a label.

It really just required a break in period. I remember I put a fair amount of gun oil on the back end of the slide where it contacts the frame, too.

It really runs fine now -- I mostly shoot the CCI AR-22 rounds, but that is just because I have a fair amount of them.

I have discovered the ammo that seems to feed the best across the majority of 22 pistols is the regular 36gr copper plated hollow point bulk pack ammo from federal. That nose shape and length works the best in my experience. A coworker of mine has had the same experience.

User Tag List