Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldiers Care Package Suggestions.

Site Supporter
    It's been a few decades since I was deployed but I was happy just to receive boxes from home. Didn't have to be big boxes, just stuff showing up. The little USPS box can be stuffed full and you could send one every two weeks or so.
    --Jason--

I always sent nice socks they wouldn't bother to buy for themselves, a couple paperback fun reads, and nice soap/lotion for gals. Otherwise, the stuff everyone else said: chewing gum, beef jerky, nuts and protein bars.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Dip
    Cigerettes
    Protein
    Energy drinks
    USB stick with movies, shows, etc
    Solar charger thingy.
    Batteries.
    Candy / jerky / snacks.
    Deck of cards.
    Cleverly disguised alchohol.
    A dildo. He'll be basically famous if you do this. Make sure it's suction cupable to surfaces.
    30-35 matching shirts or hats (morale handout type stuff)
    An intax camera and film for it. Just for goofy memories. The boys will have a ball if you do this with the dildo.

Most other stuff is provided. Mini binos or a range finder probably wont hurt if he doesnt have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm Staff Sergeant Okie John and I endorse this message.

Okie John
    I rolled in here ready to drop some knowledge but…Cory pretty much ended the thread. 1000% agree and almost- in that order. The first four, think prison, are basically currency. Maybe the only things I could add are wool socks, baby wipes….

- re alcohol, we had good luck with camelbacks partially filled with bourbon, etc. if you have a group of older dudes chip in, having a mobile bar made of camelbacks makes memories.

Don't forget some basics.

Weather is changing soon and high quality socks matter. Plus trying to keep your weapon even kind of clean is always a PITA and you never have enough of what you need. A few 5.56 bore snakes would come in handy. Good coffee, a good bar of soap versus the crap he probably is stuck with. Fresh razors. Some Q tips. Some new underwear. living in field conditions can suck and being able to toss your raggedy clothes and put on some new, fresh underwear after a shower instead of your threadbare crap makes a difference when you are living out of a ruck.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I think he could use a few boxes of dildos for the POGs when they visit his camp.
    Wow, way to sound like an 18yo that’s full of unqualified arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Cleverly disguised alchohol.
    Many, many years ago, a SEAL on another forum recommended Captain Morgan in a Listerine bottle. Empty the Listerine, and replace with Capt. Morgans spiced rum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Many, many years ago, a SEAL on another forum recommended Captain Morgan in a Listerine bottle. Empty the Listerine, and replace with Capt. Morgans spiced rum.
    Yes I may or may not have heard of booze + food coloring in a Scope bottle.

The problem with that is that Captain Morgan doesn't really look like Listerine. I can assure you, however, that good absinthe very much does.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Make sure you clean out the listerine bottle w/ boiling water once or twice before transferring anything into it, or it’s headacheville.

I highly recommend a few rolls of Zyn or other flavored nicotine pouches, very popular now a days vs Copenhagen or Skoal.

Throwing in a classic book is always good too (warrior/leadership/adventure) one of them will read it. Gates of Fire / The Misssion, the men and me / Endurance / Empire of the summer moon / The things they carried / etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    The problem with that is that Captain Morgan doesn't really look like Listerine. I can assure you, however, that good absinthe very much does.
    Old school Listerine was brown caramel colored. The new minty stuff is green. I'd rather have good Absinth anyway.

User Tag List