Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldiers Care Package Suggestions.

Soldiers Care Package Suggestions.

Looking for suggestions for items to ship to my son. He is an Infantryman deployed overseas to a remote camp/outpost. APO AE restrictions apply.

Dip
    Cigerettes
    Protein
    Energy drinks
    USB stick with movies, shows, etc
    Solar charger thingy.
    Batteries.
    Candy / jerky / snacks.
    Deck of cards.
    Cleverly disguised alchohol.
    A dildo. He'll be basically famous if you do this. Make sure it's suction cupable to surfaces.
    30-35 matching shirts or hats (morale handout type stuff)
    An intax camera and film for it. Just for goofy memories. The boys will have a ball if you do this with the dildo.

Most other stuff is provided. Mini binos or a range finder probably wont hurt if he doesnt have them.

Mostly for me, it was just getting something in the mail.

I liked to get beef jerky, bags of candy (not chocolate, except maybe this time of year), gun magazines. A box of protien bar is a great thing to get. I really like the Quest Apple Pie protien bars. One of the things that struck me the most was a star that was cut out of a retired US flag. I got that in a "To any Service Member" care packages. I still carry that star in my wallet to this day.

Name:  IMG_1930.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  71.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    A dildo. He'll be basically famous if you do this. Make sure it's suction cupable to surfaces.
    An intax camera and film for it. Just for goofy memories. The boys will have a ball if you do this with the dildo.
    I think he could use a few boxes of dildos for the POGs when they visit his camp.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I think he could use a few boxes of dildos for the POGs when they visit his camp.

A guy had something slightly different on my deployment. Many folks woke up next to it, and on some old camera somewhere there are pictures of folks sleeping next it. It was absolutely hilarious.

Maybe stuff like that isn't as funny as it used to be.

Snacks, socks, dip (even if he doesn't, it's good barter material), an external hard drive full of movies and uh, other morale supporting materials.

With the guys in his AO.

Name:  IMG_8223 sanatized.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  80.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Looking for suggestions for items to ship to my son. He is an Infantryman deployed overseas to a remote camp/outpost. APO AE restrictions apply.
    If you have comms with him, just ask him what he needs.

Thanks to us POGs there's a ton of logistics pushed to some pretty surprisingly remote places, so often times the gift that really makes the difference is a particular flavor of something.
    In my case on my last deployment, one of those simple flat rate boxes with 7-8 cans of Bang (Black Cherry Vanilla) padded with bags of Vigil's New Mexico Red Chile beef jerky was such a perfect care package that it damn near brought tears to my eyes.
    Chances are good there's some kind of home-specific snack or treat that he's craving.

But I would be very careful about 2 things - USB drives and concealed alcohol. Since he's a grunt he's probably not going in and out of SCIF's all the time so the USB drive is probably okay. But concealed alcohol discovered by the wrong asshole leader on the wrong day is a proper clusterfuck, and simply not worth the risk.

Deployment dildoes are a thing. If you don't have at least one deployment dildo somewhere, and some commander or CSM gets a very public case of butthurt over it, you're doing it wrong.
    Plus being 11BangBangs they're covered on the 'It's not gay, it's Infantry' rule for all things related to dicks, touching each other's asses, etc.

If they have any Arty Orcs or Combat Engineers in their footprint, chances are high that it'll turn into a back-and-forth game of hiding the dildo in each other's TOC's or hanging it from each other's guidons etc. Good times.

Sometimes I really miss being an E4. That shit was fun.

A guy had something slightly different on my deployment. Many folks woke up next to it, and on some old camera somewhere there are pictures of folks sleeping next it. It was absolutely hilarious.

Maybe stuff like that isn't as funny as it used to be.
    Oh, it absolutely still is. The problem now is 4G/5G wifi pucks and these young ding dongs posting shit like that to social media without considering the background or other materials that may be visible in the picture. The Polaroid days were a lot more carefree, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    If you have comms with him, just ask him what he needs.

Thanks to us POGs there's a ton of logistics pushed to some pretty surprisingly remote places,
    I warned him that he can’t survive without logistics support.

Dip
    Cigerettes
    Protein
    Energy drinks
    USB stick with movies, shows, etc
    Solar charger thingy.
    Batteries.
    Candy / jerky / snacks.
    Deck of cards.
    Cleverly disguised alchohol.

Most other stuff is provided. Mini binos or a range finder probably wont hurt if he doesnt have them.
    I'm Staff Sergeant Okie John and I endorse this message.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List