Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldiers Care Package Suggestions.

Site Supporter
    I went through an adopt a soldier program and helped some guys at a remote outpost. A lot of the stuff they liked has already been mentioned. Some food stuff I'd add is anything spicy: hot sauces, seasonings, etc. And individual packets of water flavoring, with and without caffeine.

Hygiene products of all kinds were the most requested items. Wet wipes, castile soap towelettes, high quality razors, deodorant, chapstick, lotion, body wash, etc. And anything that smells good. The men's collection at Bath and Body Works is actually pretty awesome. The scented pocket sized hand sanitizers they have now are great, and most importantly, never open and leak like some others I've carried.

If you're using a flat rate box don't let any space go to waste. You can fill voids in the box with small loose things like cough drops and hard candy.

You definitely won't hear complaints if you can get your local Little Debbie guy to donate a few cases and ship those over.

I have never served, so I would send books (topics that interest him), board games, toiletries, batteries or whatever is hard to acquire. Thank you and your son for the service. Prayers sent for safe return an deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Many, many years ago, a SEAL on another forum recommended Captain Morgan in a Listerine bottle. Empty the Listerine, and replace with Capt. Morgans spiced rum.
    You can do the same with Bourbon. Mom used to send heavily spiked fruit cake on holidays and also boozed oatmeal cookies in this.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Trashy reality TV was popular back when I was sending care packages. A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, Flavor of Love... anything with slutty women exercising poor judgement.

High quality basic kit was also appreciated at the time. Good holsters, in particular, were hard to come by (hopefully that's not the case anymore).
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

@JohnO what did you end up sending, did he get it yet? Holidays downrange suck.

Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    @JohnO what did you end up sending, did he get it yet? Holidays downrange suck.

Hope all is well.
    He received a package between Thanksgiving and Christmas that was filled with snack items, protein bars, peanut butter and a bunch of notes from family members. I can't remember if this was before or after a 4 day R & R trip to Greece with 3 buddies.

We started putting together a Christmas package with wrapped gifts. Unfortunately I was not able to get it out in time for a Christmas arrival. I told him that mom and his sisters were waiting on things to arrive. I know my wife found a place that had a unique selection of beef jerky and that was in the box. His sisters gave me wrapped items and I don't know what they were.
    I got and wrapped this for him. https://watson-knives.com/products/mildagger-blkout

I didn't want to go toward any of the gag style gifts. I didn't want my wife to give me grief and the customs forms was the bigger reason.

So his Christmas package is at his base Dec 31. He left on Dec 30 for 9 days of R & R in Italy. He will have a nice package to open when he get back next week.

This is his Unit.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mi...eezing-weather

He told me no more packages. He was told that because his deployment is due to end late Feb early March and leadership said to hold off deliveries.
    Last edited by JohnO; 01-03-2024 at 02:00 PM.

User Tag List