Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Creek Arsenal & Black Friday are looking to TANK my credit report. 🤦🤣

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    I’ll “bite” myself. I’ve No idea what about this or apparently any of my other posts gives you the impression Im “Trolling?” But My questions are serious even if I’m Not particularly a serious guy! 😎

Im just hoping not to make the same mistake I made with the FM PCC’s.
    Then do some searching and reading here on PF.

There are several recent threads here on picking a carbine.

You won’t find BCA, Radical, Etc even in consideration.

Most “reviews”

Name:  IMG_3602.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  42.9 KB

PS: your comment about the BCM pinching your trigger finger when firing makes me wonder - what is your training /experience with shooting long guns ?

Site Supporter
    🤣LoL!🤣

Ok,.. OK! I get the picture!!
    STOP with the spritzing already!. 😉 Next thing you know you’ll all be shaking cans of nickels @ me! 🤣🤦😎

Same lesson I learned as a photographer buying my tripods! First two units seemed like solid, substantial rigs @ sub $200. Third time,.. I did it right! Got a $600 Gitzo with a $400 ball head that Ive had now for 30+ years.
    This ^^^ exactly.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Then do some searching and reading here on PF.
    And I did just that! But,.. Rather than just plug something overly generic into the engine,.. I searched On the specific weapon I was interested in and considering. That’s why I asked about it. Instead of like what I see on my snowboarding forums, where the noobs just pop in and ask the OVERLY GENERAL,… “What brand/type of snowboard should I buy?”

Instead I did some searching here & on YT and then asked about a specific brand that I had looked into and found reports and reviews on. Reports that seemed at least, to suggest the company had morphed from a questionable product to an affordable QUALITY product. It would appear from the response Ive gotten here,… that THAT impression was mistaken. I am not sure how I would’ve discovered that without asking, but at a casual glance, your reply would appear to suggest, my asking has annoyed some folks! 🤷*♂️

(BTW,.. not ONE google search of BCA turned up a news report, or YT gunner review mentioning the INS investigation that was mentioned here. THAT would have peaked my curiosity!).

Only place I’ve seen it mentioned is here! And I found it by searching the forum for BCA,…. Again part of the reason I asked my question to try and determine, Is this company grown into something which is now offering a legit product? Or are they still unreliable crap?

Seems “Crap!” Is the consensus. So I would like to request permission to officially withdraw my hand from the Hornets nest! 🤣🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    …There are several recent threads here on picking a carbine.

…PS: your comment about the BCM pinching your trigger finger when firing makes me wonder - what is your training /experience with shooting long guns ?

Yeah,… And just like with my snowboard forum, there always seems to be 4700 different and Conflicting, “Expert” opinions to wade thru on what exactly constitutes a “Good” Brand/Product etc. I thought I was helping to limit that sort of buckshot approach by asking about / mentioning something specific.

As for my experience with the BCM rental,… Not sure what my training or possible lack of,.. Hass to do with my finger. All I was saying was some thing about the grip angle the configuration of the trigger blade and trigger guard cause my finger to land naturally low on the Trigger and when I pulled it it would get pinched between that space between the bottom of the trigger blade and the trigger guard. altering the position felt unnatural and uncomfortable. Don’t know maybe it was due to my arthritis maybe it was just my short stubby fingers,… Maybe I don’t know how to “Grip & Pull!” All I know for sure was It Sucked!! (BTW, that problem hasn’t occurred with either of my FM pcc’s, Before or after upgrading their triggers, it hasn’t occurred with any other Cheap rental AR I've tried, or with my CZ Scorpion. So I can’t say what the issue was. Other than weird ergo’s for Me! 🤷*♂️)

As for training,… I have none. Not really. I was an 8404 medic, attached to the marine infantry for 3 1/2 years. I humped a pack, I slept in holes i dug myself,.. I rappelled out of helicopters and I even ate ACTUAL C rats. This was before they began issuing MRE’s near the end. And whenever the Jarhead’s had live fire going on? They’d usually hand me a weapon and say “Hey Doc,.. you want to give it a shot?” Anything from an M16/M60 and even a few LAW’s rockets & a grenade or two. 😎 My answer was ALWAYS yes! And after Gunnery Sgt explained to me, what I now understand to be target focused sighting? I usually manage to hit what I aimed at.

Besides that, I fired my service issued 45 twice. Once in Boot, and the second time in FMF training @ Camp Pendleton CA. Every other time it was given to me for field exercises it went straight from the armory into a Ziploc bag into my holster and then back to the Armory. So,.. Close to 40 years between firing actual gun powder type weapons. Not counting the occasional Higher end air rifle or airsoft pistols. Those don’t count. 😎

That’s my experience & training until recently.
    Last edited by Chomps; 11-18-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Site Supporter
    Looking at bottom-feeder garbage like BCA is basically just seeking to repeat the same mistake you did with Foxtrot Mike 9mm's.
    Take a step back, read the carbine easy button thread. Your N=1 example of a single rental BCM doesn't jive with my experience with numerous BCM's and that's something as easy as a changed pistol grip or trigger guard (cheap) to solve.

Or there's numerous other quality AR manufacturers. Just peruse that carbine easy button thread.

Remember - Buy once cry once, Doc!

Buying bottom level guns is a lot like looking for a bride at the local methadone clinic.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

And I did just that! But,.. Rather than just plug something overly generic into the engine,.. I searched On the specific weapon I was interested in and considering. That’s why I asked about it. Instead of like what I see on my snowboarding forums, where the noobs just pop in and ask the OVERLY GENERAL,… “What brand/type of snowboard should I buy?”

Instead I did some searching here & on YT and then asked about a specific brand that I had looked into and found reports and reviews on. Reports that seemed at least, to suggest the company had morphed from a questionable product to an affordable QUALITY product. It would appear from the response Ive gotten here,… that THAT impression was mistaken. I am not sure how I would’ve discovered that without asking, but at a casual glance, your reply would appear to suggest, my asking has annoyed some folks! 🤷*♂️

(BTW,.. not ONE google search of BCA turned up a news report, or YT gunner review mentioning the INS investigation that was mentioned here. THAT would have peaked my curiosity!).

Only place I’ve seen it mentioned is here! And I found it by searching the forum for BCA,…. Again part of the reason I asked my question to try and determine, Is this company grown into something which is now offering a legit product? Or are they still unreliable crap?

Seems “Crap!” Is the consensus. So I would like to request permission to officially withdraw my hand from the Hornets nest! 🤣🤦*♂️

Yeah,… And just like with my snowboard forum, there always seems to be 4700 different and Conflicting, “Expert” opinions to wade thru on what exactly constitutes a “Good” Brand/Product etc. I thought I was helping to limit that sort of buckshot approach by asking about / mentioning something specific.

As for my experience with the BCM rental,… Not sure what my training or possible lack of,.. Hass to do with my finger. All I was saying was some thing about the grip angle the configuration of the trigger blade and trigger guard cause my finger to land naturally low on the Trigger and when I pulled it it would get pinched between that space between the bottom of the trigger blade and the trigger guard. altering the position felt unnatural and uncomfortable. Don’t know maybe it was due to my arthritis maybe it was just my short stubby fingers,… Maybe I don’t know how to “Grip & Pull!” All I know for sure was It Sucked!! (BTW, that problem hasn’t occurred with either of my FM pcc’s, Before or after upgrading their triggers, it hasn’t occurred with any other Cheap rental AR I've tried, or with my CZ Scorpion. So I can’t say what the issue was. Other than weird ergo’s for Me! 🤷*♂️)

As for training,… I have none. Not really. I was an 8404 medic, attached to the marine infantry for 3 1/2 years. I humped a pack, I slept in holes i dug myself,.. I rappelled out of helicopters and I even ate ACTUAL C rats. This was before they began issuing MRE’s near the end. And whenever the Jarhead’s had live fire going on? They’d usually hand me a weapon and say “Hey Doc,.. you want to give it a shot?” Anything from an M16/M60 and even a few LAW’s rockets & a grenade or two. 😎 My answer was ALWAYS yes! And after Gunnery Sgt explained to me, what I now understand to be target focused sighting? I usually manage to hit what I aimed at.

Besides that, I fired my service issued 45 twice. Once in Boot, and the second time in FMF training @ Camp Pendleton CA. Every other time it was given to me for field exercises it went straight from the armory into a Ziploc bag into my holster and then back to the Armory. So,.. Close to 40 years between firing actual gun powder type weapons. Not counting the occasional Higher end air rifle or airsoft pistols. Those don’t count. 😎

That’s my experience & training until recently.

1) You're trying way too hard with the emojis, and it makes your posts hard to read. We're not your grand kids...most of us here don't communicate with emojis except for the occasional use.

2) Given your background, would you enjoy a retro AR-15 (such as an M16A1 pattern rifle) more than a modern one? If so, nothing wrong with that. Check out Fulton Armory, or Palmetto State Armory, which I believe took over the rights from Brownells to sell the Nodak Spud produced guns under the Harrington & Richardson name.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    1) You're trying way too hard with the emojis, and it makes your posts hard to read. We're not your grand kids...most of us here don't communicate with emojis except for the occasional use.

2) Given your background, would you enjoy a retro AR-15 (such as an M16A1 pattern rifle) more than a modern one? If so, nothing wrong with that. Check out Fulton Armory, or Palmetto State Armory, which I believe took over the rights from Brownells to sell the Nodak Spud produced guns under the Harrington & Richardson name.
    😎😎😎
    1. I-yam what I-yam! 😉. …and,

B. The only words I recognized in that were Brownells & PSA! Never heard of the other companies.

Site Supporter
    😎😎😎
    1. I-yam what I-yam! 😉. …and,

B. The only words I recognized in that were Brownells & PSA! Never heard of the other companies.
    Nodak Spud produces very detail-accurate retro-styled AR lowers and AK receivers for detail oriented builders.

PSA bought the old Harrington & Richardson name, and since H&R was largely a shotgun/sporting guns maker back in the 50's-70's it languished for awhile.
    But there was at least one run of H&R contract produced M16A1's for the Vietnam war, so PSA is using the H&R name for their 'retro' line of AR variants such as M16A1 clones.

It'd be a much better start for an AR than any bearshit creek or similar bottom shelf throwaway AR option.

Again, read the 'carbine easy button' thread if you really want a nice primer on a go-to-war(ish) capable AR for a not-boutique price.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Looking at bottom-feeder garbage like BCA is basically just seeking to repeat the same mistake you did with Foxtrot Mike 9mm's.
    Take a step back, read the carbine easy button thread. Your N=1 example of a single rental BCM doesn't jive with my experience with numerous BCM's and that's something as easy as a changed pistol grip or trigger guard (cheap) to solve.

Or there's numerous other quality AR manufacturers. Just peruse that carbine easy button thread.

Remember - Buy once cry once, Doc!
    Jinx! 🤣🤦

So,.. I have the lower for my 16” boxed for return to FM for warranty and @ Todays range session, the 10.5” decided to take another dump on me also!

Looks like I gots LOTS of “Crying” in my future.

BTW,.. I decided I WONT be getting a Bear Creek ANYTHING @ ANY price! Im not making this mistake again.

User Tag List