Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Creek Arsenal & Black Friday are looking to TANK my credit report. 🤦🤣

Bear Creek Arsenal & Black Friday are looking to TANK my credit report. 🤦🤣

Im seriously considering one of these BCA AR’s in either 5.56 or .223 Wylde,.. I’ve read some reviews from 3 to 5 years ago and they were pretty much being dismissed as junk,… But in The last year or two of various YT reviews, most of those Ive watched seem to be quite positive.

However Im still more than a bit leery, as I did LOTS of research & watched dozens of reviews for the Foxtrot Mike’s, 9mm PCC’s. Prior to purchasing And even after all the glowing reviews,.. I have TWO, supposedly “Reliable, Inexpensive, Budget conscious” PCC’s that have so far, cost me an Extra $1000-$1500 in accessories, furniture & internal Upgrades to enhance or FIX/Restore reliability & function and I STILL have at least one going back to the Manufacturer busted and needing more mods!. 🤦😫🤷

So Im not entirely convinced to go with BCA,.. or PSA either For that matter. (The other well reviewed, budget AR I was considering)

I shot a $2000+ BCM AR rental @ my range not long ago, and altho it might be super a reliable rifle? Even with all the fancy, designer, Ergonomic AR furniture,..? I didn’t enjoy shooting it. It didn’t fit me well AT ALL! Grip angle felt weird and my finger kept getting pinched hard, getting stuck between the bottom of trigger blade & trigger guard. 🤷*♂️

So even buying a reportedly HIGH END, expensive Rifle,.. I would likely still need to dump more money in it to make it shootable for me.

I did a couple of searches here, but again, most of what I found concerning Bear Creek, was from a few years back and not much of any of it positive.

Anyway,.. after that rambling diatribe,.. 🤣🤦. Does anyone here have much of any FAIRLY RECENT, “hands on,” Good or Bad to say about BCA’s AR’s?

The Sale prices are just so HARD to resist. 🤣🤦

Site Supporter
    Range toys can be cheap.

Tools have to be reliable, and price plays less of a part of it. Don't try to talk yourself into something, as you're just building an echo chamber.

Pick one

https://www.shootingfordollars.org/p...ction-criteria

Bear Creek Arsenal is still cheap barely within and sometimes out spec trash that does not always play well with others parts. Its crap.

They also have been raided by INS so.... ya know they like to cut costs every way they can...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Im seriously considering one of these BCA AR’s in either 5.56 or .223 Wylde,.. I’ve read some reviews from 3 to 5 years ago and they were pretty much being dismissed as junk,… But in The last year or two of various YT reviews, most of those Ive watched seem to be quite positive.

However Im still more than a bit leery, as I did LOTS of research & watched dozens of reviews for the Foxtrot Mike’s, 9mm PCC’s. Prior to purchasing And even after all the glowing reviews,.. I have TWO, supposedly “Reliable, Inexpensive, Budget conscious” PCC’s that have so far, cost me an Extra $1000-$1500 in accessories, furniture & internal Upgrades to enhance or FIX/Restore reliability & function and I STILL have at least one going back to the Manufacturer busted and needing more mods!. 🤦😫🤷

So Im not entirely convinced to go with BCA,.. or PSA either For that matter. (The other well reviewed, budget AR I was considering)

I shot a $2000+ BCM AR rental @ my range not long ago, and altho it might be super a reliable rifle? Even with all the fancy, designer, Ergonomic AR furniture,..? I didn’t enjoy shooting it. It didn’t fit me well AT ALL! Grip angle felt weird and my finger kept getting pinched hard, getting stuck between the bottom of trigger blade & trigger guard. 🤷*♂️

So even buying a reportedly HIGH END, expensive Rifle,.. I would likely still need to dump more money in it to make it shootable for me.

I did a couple of searches here, but again, most of what I found concerning Bear Creek, was from a few years back and not much of any of it positive.

Anyway,.. after that rambling diatribe,.. 🤣🤦. Does anyone here have much of any FAIRLY RECENT, “hands on,” Good or Bad to say about BCA’s AR’s?

The Sale prices are just so HARD to resist. 🤣🤦

You get what you pay for.

Gun companies exist to make money, not guns. To quote Tony Soprano “there’s a lot of money in garbage.” How does that work? Most people buy guns and never shoot them or shoot them once.

I don’t know if your posts are serious or you are just trolling but Bear Creek Arsenal is such trash I’ll bite.

The two AR companies on my “not fucking ever” list are Bear Creek Arsenal and Radical Firearms.

While both companies products are poor quality, they are also both “ethically challenged”

In BCA’s case they were the subject of a criminal investigation and a search warrant in relation to multiple counts of aggravated identity theft. They were employing illegal aliens using the stolen identities of U.S. persons.

If you support companies that commit felonies and victimize innocent people to make money then get you some bear creek arsenal.

Re: building guns vs buying guns. 1) you get what you pay for; 2) while some guns are simpler or more modular guns are not “legos.”

If tinkering with guns is not as much or more of a hobby to you than shooting them buy complete guns of at least some quality. Or at least complete uppers and lowers.

Most “reviews” are bullshit.

Personally I can’t afford the false economy of buying so called “cheap” guns.

Quality rifles are so easy to find. Working hard to find crap ones make absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You get what you pay for.

I don’t know if your posts are serious or you are just trolling but Bear Creek Arsenal is such trash I’ll bite.

…Most “reviews” are bullshit.

Personally I can’t afford the false economy of buying so called “cheap” guns.
    I’ll “bite” myself. I’ve No idea what about this or apparently any of my other posts gives you the impression Im “Trolling?” But My questions are serious even if I’m Not particularly a serious guy! 😎

Im just hoping not to make the same mistake I made with the FM PCC’s.

Site Supporter
    Name:  021ABC02-1B26-49FB-ABB8-A0453EAE2158.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  29.1 KB

Have you checked out this thread? https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....asy-Button-%94
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I spent some time listening here, asking questions, and studying before taking the plunge on my first ever 5.56 AR pattern carbine.
    I’m sure I’ve annoyed a few folks and caused eye-roll related injuries.

By paying close attention to advice obtained here, I ended up with a Colt 6960-ish upper and bolt carrier group on a Sionics lower with Schmid controls and a LaRue trigger, Midwest Industries backup sights and Magpul furniture for just under $800 in 2019-20 dollars.

There’s too much good stuff out there at reasonable prices to trifle with the low-rent outfits.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

There is no excuse to buy a Junk AR. There are plenty of quality offerings. If you think the XYZ brand will require you make changes then get their stripped lower and build it the way you want/need it. Add to that a complete upper and away you go, no excuses. Except for LUBE, something you may find lacking in a range rental and is the lifeblood of an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    🤣LoL!🤣

Ok,.. OK! I get the picture!!
    STOP with the spritzing already!. 😉 Next thing you know you’ll all be shaking cans of nickels @ me! 🤣🤦😎

Same lesson I learned as a photographer buying my tripods! First two units seemed like solid, substantial rigs @ sub $200. Third time,.. I did it right! Got a $600 Gitzo with a $400 ball head that Ive had now for 30+ years.

User Tag List