Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help for 23 year old shooter in santa area fe or surrounding

Need Help for a young shooter in Santa Fe area.

My nephew is experienced with fire arms and I am giving him an HK VP9 with a Holosun 507C and 250 rounds of range mo. I am looking for a course with practical training, safe gun handling and basic pistol skills. He is the Front Desk Manager for a large Hotel in Santa FE, mature for his age and has good people skills.

All help appreciated,

George
    Last edited by walker2713; 11-17-2023 at 08:45 PM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

No One??????

Site Supporter
    Possibly @JRB knows someone in ABQ or nearby Santa Fe?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I googled the question and saw several outfits offering the training you seek for your nephew. Classes for carry licenses show up in the search, but I understand you are asking about more comprehensive training.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Possibly @JRB knows someone in ABQ or nearby Santa Fe?
    I wish I did, I've traveled for what little training I've been able to attend in recent years.

@UNM1136 tells me that he and @WobblyPossum have talked about trying to get good instructors here for a class or two, but I don't know where that's at currently.

If all your nephew needs is some basics I'll ask and see if anyone worthwhile is doing that sort of thing locally. There's always the basic pistol class at Calibers, and I'll check the Zia Rifle & Pistol Club newsletter when I can to see if anything's coming up.
    Might be a bit since I'm about to leave for a week and a half for the holiday to see the in-laws.

If there's really no other semi-local option, I've taught a lot of NCO's and Officers how to be half useful with an M9 or M17 over the years, if we can make the scheduling line up I'd help out however I could.

Site Supporter
    NMDPS credentialed High Risk/ Firearms Instructor. A paperwork issue means I cannot do CCW training.

BUT I am the most aggressive trainer at my agency. Still eating meat after all these years.

PM. If we can work it around my 3rd watch schedule, I will be happy to help.

@willie, send your nephew's info as well.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 11-20-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I wish I did, I've traveled for what little training I've been able to attend in recent years.

@UNM1136 tells me that he and @WobblyPossum have talked about trying to get good instructors here for a class or two, but I don't know where that's at currently.

If all your nephew needs is some basics I'll ask and see if anyone worthwhile is doing that sort of thing locally. There's always the basic pistol class at Calibers, and I'll check the Zia Rifle & Pistol Club newsletter when I can to see if anything's coming up.
    Might be a bit since I'm about to leave for a week and a half for the holiday to see the in-laws.

If there's really no other semi-local option, I've taught a lot of NCO's and Officers how to be half useful with an M9 or M17 over the years, if we can make the scheduling line up I'd help out however I could.
    @JRB you just burned me. I guess now I gotta put up or shut up. Must be those supervisory talents showing, you know, getting the most out of people.

pat

Site Supporter
    When you say firearms training in New Mexico my first thought is Tim Herron:

https://www.timherronshooting.com/

Tim Herron is who my first thought was too. He has a range in Stanley which is a little east of Albuquerque. A coworker of mine told me he heard of a former SOF guy in the area who offers classes. I pinged him for more info but haven’t heard back yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEED BACK….

MUST HAVE had a brain fart….he’s my grandson….not my nephew🙄

Earlier I’d given him the Remington 22 bolt action rifle I received from my parents on my tenth birthday. His dad is a custom cabinet maker so he refinished the wood and my gunsmith did the metal.

User Tag List