Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small earthquake here

Like no other feeling. One just has to experience it to believe it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was in the East Bay for the Loma Prieta quake.
    I’ve been through a few here in SoCal..the Northridge (‘94) and Whittier Narrows (and Frisco quake a few weeks later) were hairy.

Site Supporter
    After the Portland little quake, a female relative refused to get off the coach for a few days. Just to eat and take care of personal needs. We had to go over and gently convince her to enter life again.

Waiting for the asteroid strike or some gamma ray burst that fries the planet. Don't read astronomy sites.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

In 1986 or 87, my senior year at Ohio University in SE Ohio, I was in class on the fourth (top) floor. I felt the building shake so I packed up and left. My classmates seemed to think I was overreacting. Apparently there’s a fault that lies generally north/south from around Cleveland.

Experienced a short shake in Manhattan, of all places in 1986. Rattled the windows.

And a little event in San Francisco in 1989 that shut down the city for a few days. That was eye-opening. Most people in the neighborhood, as soon as they realized they were OK, lined up at the corner store to buy booze.

When the world is ending, a lot of folks want to get messed up and/or fornicate. Everyone's seen the photos from Pompeii.

User Tag List