Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Opening Article about the NRA... Actually Not Really

Eye Opening Article about the NRA... Actually Not Really

Odd source for this type of article on Pistol_Forum. It's from Rolling Stone magazine. Seems funding for the NRA has been slipping and rather than get rid of WLP and his crew of misfits, they are cutting funding for shooting education. Imagine that. The NRA was a great organization, until the crooks took it over. And I don't see it ever coming back to preeminence until WLP and his cronies are gone. Of course, as long as there's enough cash coming in to support their lifestyles, that's not going to happen.

I'd copy and paste the article here, but I'm afraid the graphics might not come over. So here's the link. Go read it for yourselves.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...b3f826b6&ei=57

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    . . . Odd source for this type of article on Pistol_Forum. It's from The NRA was a great organization, until the crooks took it over. And I don't see it ever coming back to preeminence until WLP and his cronies are gone. . .
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...b3f826b6&ei=57
    If there was a time WLP actually cared about the mission of the NRA (and I don't believe he ever did), that time passed a long time ago. Unfortunately too many people.refuse to acknowledge that.

One thing this NRA fiasco has taught me is to never become a life member of any organization again. You want my money? Fine, but you are getting it year by year so there's some accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast17 View Post
    One thing this NRA fiasco has taught me is to never become a life member of any organization again. You want my money? Fine, but you are getting it year by year so there's some accountability.
    That's why they offer us a discount to get the life membership.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Sometimes, it's all too easy to get so distracted by what someone is supposed to be doing that we don't see what they're actually doing until it's too late.

Doubly so when they're supposed to be helping in the fight against a common enemy, because any criticism can be deflected and dismissed as either fake news or a distraction from the important fight.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Beast17 View Post
    I’m pretty sure they loose money on life members, especially if they join early. I think that’s why they have Patron, Benefactor, and that Golden Eagles thing. There is very little accountability either way.

Site Supporter
    One of the sad things about this is that the training has genuinely reduced avoidable accidents. Aside from the often tragic nature of such accidents, they provide newsworthy events which support the cause of those who would restrict our rights. The education programs they cut are a critical part of the fight for our rights.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Yes, that makes me sad and angry every day. NRA shooting sports and firearms education programs are fantastic and should not be neglected. These are still division 1 sports where kids can get a college scholarship and maybe go to the Olympics. Kids take it very seriously. The NRA should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Yes, that makes me sad and angry every day. NRA shooting sports and firearms education programs are fantastic and should not be neglected. These are still division 1 sports where kids can get a college scholarship and maybe go to the Olympics. Kids take it very seriously. The NRA should as well.
    Yes, but how is Wayne supposed to keep himself in the height of Luxury, with only the best playmates if they don't cut that stuff?

Sadly, we should have saw this coming a couple of decades ago, when WLP started slapping his own ugly mug all over the various NRA rags. That sort of egomania is never a good sign.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Yes, but how is Wayne supposed to keep himself in the height of Luxury, with only the best playmates if they don't cut that stuff?

Sadly, we should have saw this coming a couple of decades ago, when WLP started slapping his own ugly mug all over the various NRA rags. That sort of egomania is never a good sign.
    You can’t do it if you do not have a suit. 🧐

Much like our politicians. Squander resources to loose?

User Tag List