Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Believe it or not…. In this movie I saw…

Long ago, A devastatingly handsome agent was sooooo low on the totem pole, he was tasked with taking Trump’s up-armored suburban out to gas it up. Driving thought Manhattan, looking for one of only a couple of gas pumps on the whole island. Enjoying Queen on WCBS radio.

Every thing went smooth. Fuel was acquired, and the vehicle was delivered back to the convoy rally point by the intrepid guardian of democracy that was the protagonist of the this movie. Upon pulling up outside Trump tower he opened the door… forgetting that the up armored door weighed several hundred pounds more than a stock car door. It swung out far harder than expected. And may or may not have hit a concrete planter/barrier. The paint may or may not have had a huge scrape in it. The door man at the tower may or may not have said “I didn’t see a thing”. Our hero may have pulled forward several feet… parked. And returned the key to USSS. And was never questioned about the dent/scrape/ding.

The star of that movie was a true American hero. But it was just a movie I saw once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    He won't grant SS protection to RFK Jr. who has active death threats. But his granddaughter has full coverage!
    Lots of random people have death threats.

That doesn't mean the USG is responsible for providing them a protective detail.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Stray cats on WCBS - the NYC oldies channel? … now I feel old :-(
    That’s Queen, my guy.

To be fair, the Brian Setzer Orchestra recorded/covered it as well.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    To be fair, the Brian Setzer Orchestra recorded/covered it as well.
    Yes, but it was the reading comprehension portion of the exam...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Secret Service shooting team was just in attendance at a match I recently shot.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  103.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If there are select fire mp5s mounted to the console in plain sight and parked on a Georgetown street in the middle of the night are there some type of alarm/electronic notifications given to agents in an event of a theft? Or were the agents just in the right place at the right time?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

No jackets or shoulder holsters? They'll never be able to hide their Uzis under those shirts!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

[QUOTE=TC215;1526274]The “120 days” part is for spouses, not candidates. Obama came under USSS protection in May 2007.

/QUOTE]Yes sir, I forgot the 120 day thing was just spouses. Sorry about that.

Whether he's a "major" candidate is debatable. A recent poll had him in the low 20% range. John Anderson in then1980 election was in the mid 20s (although he get about 6% in the general election). I can't be sure, but I thought Anderson got protection at some point. That's been a long time, and I was quite young, so my recollection could be off.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

How can you tell they're "Secret" Service when they're disguised like that?

More seriously, did they that day, or do they with any regularity, participate in USPSA or IDPA matches either as agents or on their own?

User Tag List